News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iSocket ad portal to simplify, automate direct buying options
This week iSocket is launching an advertiser portal that takes what media buyers love about direct buying and merges that with programmatic. Called iSocket For Advertisers the platform puts an automated spin on the buying and selling of premium, guaranteed inventory.
"iFA is a powerful, but easy-to-use media-buying tool for premium, fixed price reserved inventory. iFA is unique in that it gives buyers programmatic access to the same well-defined, high-impact ad units available only through direct sales such as homepage, above-the-fold, section-specific, and rising stars," said Richard Jalichandra, CEO, iSocket. "In short, iFA preserves the inventory and placement quality that buyers are accustomed to with direct sales, while making it easier and more efficient to buy premium, guaranteed inventory."
Through 2013 most of the $14 billion direct-sale ad spend was purchased or placed manually through paper contracts, emails and faxes; in some cases a media buyer would go through as many as 50 steps to complete a buy. The new iSocket for Advertisers simplifies the process through automation.
"Because of direct integrations, iSocket buys are prioritized in the ad server at the same level as traditional direct buys. Most premium publishers sell only a fraction of their inventory in private marketplaces or exchanges, and those exchange impressions are only served if there is no directly sold ad impression available. Ad server integration also means iSocket can present 100% of a publisher's inventory at prices set by the publisher," said Jalichandra.
Typically SSPs offer fixed prices but on a bid/ask basis. Ads are tagged and have to be manually placed into the server before it is actually sold. iSocket's platform puts a direct-buy spin on this through the integration which allows access to fixed prices and reserved programmatic inventory.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...