News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iSocket ad portal to simplify, automate direct buying options
This week iSocket is launching an advertiser portal that takes what media buyers love about direct buying and merges that with programmatic. Called iSocket For Advertisers the platform puts an automated spin on the buying and selling of premium, guaranteed inventory.
"iFA is a powerful, but easy-to-use media-buying tool for premium, fixed price reserved inventory. iFA is unique in that it gives buyers programmatic access to the same well-defined, high-impact ad units available only through direct sales such as homepage, above-the-fold, section-specific, and rising stars," said Richard Jalichandra, CEO, iSocket. "In short, iFA preserves the inventory and placement quality that buyers are accustomed to with direct sales, while making it easier and more efficient to buy premium, guaranteed inventory."
Through 2013 most of the $14 billion direct-sale ad spend was purchased or placed manually through paper contracts, emails and faxes; in some cases a media buyer would go through as many as 50 steps to complete a buy. The new iSocket for Advertisers simplifies the process through automation.
"Because of direct integrations, iSocket buys are prioritized in the ad server at the same level as traditional direct buys. Most premium publishers sell only a fraction of their inventory in private marketplaces or exchanges, and those exchange impressions are only served if there is no directly sold ad impression available. Ad server integration also means iSocket can present 100% of a publisher's inventory at prices set by the publisher," said Jalichandra.
Typically SSPs offer fixed prices but on a bid/ask basis. Ads are tagged and have to be manually placed into the server before it is actually sold. iSocket's platform puts a direct-buy spin on this through the integration which allows access to fixed prices and reserved programmatic inventory.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...