News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Local Media to push $53b by 2017
Franchises are nothing new, but the channels local franchises have to connect with their national partners - and local consumers - have changed. Mobile and online avenues make it simpler for many to connect. In fact 2 in 5 channels franchisees are for local ads/promotions are digital, finds new data out from BIA/Kelsey Group.
The BIA/Kelsey Local Commerce Monitor finds more than half (57%) of local franchises are using Facebook pages to create a local presence while about one-third (37%) are using Google sites and 36% are using email marketing options.
This is part of the reason BIA/Kelsey experts predict that by 2017 the US local media spend will increase from $45 billion (2014) to $53 billion, an increase of about 33% of the local ad market.
"Brands realize customer relationships are forged locally - in local geographies and local stores," said Jed Williams, VP, consulting and senior analyst BIA/Kelsey. "As a result, they're quickly mobilizing corporate-to-local strategies to connect with these customers where they are."
"We've been hearing from national brands about their local marketing challenges for years," said Chris Marentis, Surefire Social CEO. "It's imperative that national brands can predictably create a deep presence in their local markets that generates clear ROI."
The key to success as local franchises look across screens and channels is to present a branded standard within the flexible local space. The full findings of the report will be presented in a webinar March 25. Details on the webinar can be found here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...