News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Local Media to push $53b by 2017
Franchises are nothing new, but the channels local franchises have to connect with their national partners - and local consumers - have changed. Mobile and online avenues make it simpler for many to connect. In fact 2 in 5 channels franchisees are for local ads/promotions are digital, finds new data out from BIA/Kelsey Group.
The BIA/Kelsey Local Commerce Monitor finds more than half (57%) of local franchises are using Facebook pages to create a local presence while about one-third (37%) are using Google sites and 36% are using email marketing options.
This is part of the reason BIA/Kelsey experts predict that by 2017 the US local media spend will increase from $45 billion (2014) to $53 billion, an increase of about 33% of the local ad market.
"Brands realize customer relationships are forged locally - in local geographies and local stores," said Jed Williams, VP, consulting and senior analyst BIA/Kelsey. "As a result, they're quickly mobilizing corporate-to-local strategies to connect with these customers where they are."
"We've been hearing from national brands about their local marketing challenges for years," said Chris Marentis, Surefire Social CEO. "It's imperative that national brands can predictably create a deep presence in their local markets that generates clear ROI."
The key to success as local franchises look across screens and channels is to present a branded standard within the flexible local space. The full findings of the report will be presented in a webinar March 25. Details on the webinar can be found here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...