News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Local Media to push $53b by 2017
Franchises are nothing new, but the channels local franchises have to connect with their national partners - and local consumers - have changed. Mobile and online avenues make it simpler for many to connect. In fact 2 in 5 channels franchisees are for local ads/promotions are digital, finds new data out from BIA/Kelsey Group.
The BIA/Kelsey Local Commerce Monitor finds more than half (57%) of local franchises are using Facebook pages to create a local presence while about one-third (37%) are using Google sites and 36% are using email marketing options.
This is part of the reason BIA/Kelsey experts predict that by 2017 the US local media spend will increase from $45 billion (2014) to $53 billion, an increase of about 33% of the local ad market.
"Brands realize customer relationships are forged locally - in local geographies and local stores," said Jed Williams, VP, consulting and senior analyst BIA/Kelsey. "As a result, they're quickly mobilizing corporate-to-local strategies to connect with these customers where they are."
"We've been hearing from national brands about their local marketing challenges for years," said Chris Marentis, Surefire Social CEO. "It's imperative that national brands can predictably create a deep presence in their local markets that generates clear ROI."
The key to success as local franchises look across screens and channels is to present a branded standard within the flexible local space. The full findings of the report will be presented in a webinar March 25. Details on the webinar can be found here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...