News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Local Media to push $53b by 2017
Franchises are nothing new, but the channels local franchises have to connect with their national partners - and local consumers - have changed. Mobile and online avenues make it simpler for many to connect. In fact 2 in 5 channels franchisees are for local ads/promotions are digital, finds new data out from BIA/Kelsey Group.
The BIA/Kelsey Local Commerce Monitor finds more than half (57%) of local franchises are using Facebook pages to create a local presence while about one-third (37%) are using Google sites and 36% are using email marketing options.
This is part of the reason BIA/Kelsey experts predict that by 2017 the US local media spend will increase from $45 billion (2014) to $53 billion, an increase of about 33% of the local ad market.
"Brands realize customer relationships are forged locally - in local geographies and local stores," said Jed Williams, VP, consulting and senior analyst BIA/Kelsey. "As a result, they're quickly mobilizing corporate-to-local strategies to connect with these customers where they are."
"We've been hearing from national brands about their local marketing challenges for years," said Chris Marentis, Surefire Social CEO. "It's imperative that national brands can predictably create a deep presence in their local markets that generates clear ROI."
The key to success as local franchises look across screens and channels is to present a branded standard within the flexible local space. The full findings of the report will be presented in a webinar March 25. Details on the webinar can be found here.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...