News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few marketers plan for social media negativity
Do you have a plan in place to deal with negative social media comments? According to recent research from the Social Media Marketing University, many marketers don't.
What is your marketing department's reaction to negative feedback on social media? Ignore it and hope it will pass under the radar? Delete it and hope no-one noticed? Or do you get proactive and deal with the issue head on?
According to the Social Media Marketing University's survey of marketers, despite 88% planning to put social media to use this year, almost half (45%) of marketers don't have a plan in place to deal with negativity on social media.
A quarter of marketers said they did have plans for a plan, 23% said they had no plans for a plan of action and 8% said they had a plan but it wasn't working.
Overall, it seems that marketers, instead of planning ahead, are simply dealing with problems of negativity as and when they arise in the best way they can. While one in five do appear to put their head in the sand and hope the problem will go away without a response, over half (52%) responded to negative posts within 24 hours and 18% within the hour.
Commenting on the lack of a plan to deal with negative response, eMarketer says, "While many marketers certainly do so without a hitch, the room for error is clear. And since negative buzz can cause anxiety--or worse--among marketers that don't have a plan in place, it can easily spur intemperate or otherwise poor responses".
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...