News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few marketers plan for social media negativity
Do you have a plan in place to deal with negative social media comments? According to recent research from the Social Media Marketing University, many marketers don't.
What is your marketing department's reaction to negative feedback on social media? Ignore it and hope it will pass under the radar? Delete it and hope no-one noticed? Or do you get proactive and deal with the issue head on?
According to the Social Media Marketing University's survey of marketers, despite 88% planning to put social media to use this year, almost half (45%) of marketers don't have a plan in place to deal with negativity on social media.
A quarter of marketers said they did have plans for a plan, 23% said they had no plans for a plan of action and 8% said they had a plan but it wasn't working.
Overall, it seems that marketers, instead of planning ahead, are simply dealing with problems of negativity as and when they arise in the best way they can. While one in five do appear to put their head in the sand and hope the problem will go away without a response, over half (52%) responded to negative posts within 24 hours and 18% within the hour.
Commenting on the lack of a plan to deal with negative response, eMarketer says, "While many marketers certainly do so without a hitch, the room for error is clear. And since negative buzz can cause anxiety--or worse--among marketers that don't have a plan in place, it can easily spur intemperate or otherwise poor responses".
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...