News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few marketers plan for social media negativity
Do you have a plan in place to deal with negative social media comments? According to recent research from the Social Media Marketing University, many marketers don't.
What is your marketing department's reaction to negative feedback on social media? Ignore it and hope it will pass under the radar? Delete it and hope no-one noticed? Or do you get proactive and deal with the issue head on?
According to the Social Media Marketing University's survey of marketers, despite 88% planning to put social media to use this year, almost half (45%) of marketers don't have a plan in place to deal with negativity on social media.
A quarter of marketers said they did have plans for a plan, 23% said they had no plans for a plan of action and 8% said they had a plan but it wasn't working.
Overall, it seems that marketers, instead of planning ahead, are simply dealing with problems of negativity as and when they arise in the best way they can. While one in five do appear to put their head in the sand and hope the problem will go away without a response, over half (52%) responded to negative posts within 24 hours and 18% within the hour.
Commenting on the lack of a plan to deal with negative response, eMarketer says, "While many marketers certainly do so without a hitch, the room for error is clear. And since negative buzz can cause anxiety--or worse--among marketers that don't have a plan in place, it can easily spur intemperate or otherwise poor responses".
Image via Shutterstock
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
- Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
- Parents give retailers advice on making back-to-school shopping more bearable
- Study reveals impact of mobile use on Japanese students' grades
- Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
- How to improve worker productivity
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...