News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few FTSE100 companies implement responsive web design
New research from The Search Agency reveals that few of the FTSE100 companies are readied for the mobile marketing age.
2014 is dubbed the year of mobile, but even the biggest of companies don't appear to be totally committed. A new report from The Search Agency found that less than half (42%) of FTSE100 companies have mobile-optimized websites, potentially harming their brand and losing them valuable customers and sales. Almost three-quarters (72%) of consumers in the UK now have a smartphone.
The FTSE100 websites were scored based on five factors - load speed, site format, calculated download speed, social media presence and app presence.
Just 2 of the 100 companies had responsive web design and almost all (99%) had mobile site load speeds of more than 1 second, the time recommended by Google for mobile loading. More than a third (37%) took more than 5 seconds to load.
Meanwhile, social media connections were also low with just 43% of companies linking their mobile websites to social media and just 9% linked to apps.
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...