News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few FTSE100 companies implement responsive web design
New research from The Search Agency reveals that few of the FTSE100 companies are readied for the mobile marketing age.
2014 is dubbed the year of mobile, but even the biggest of companies don't appear to be totally committed. A new report from The Search Agency found that less than half (42%) of FTSE100 companies have mobile-optimized websites, potentially harming their brand and losing them valuable customers and sales. Almost three-quarters (72%) of consumers in the UK now have a smartphone.
The FTSE100 websites were scored based on five factors - load speed, site format, calculated download speed, social media presence and app presence.
Just 2 of the 100 companies had responsive web design and almost all (99%) had mobile site load speeds of more than 1 second, the time recommended by Google for mobile loading. More than a third (37%) took more than 5 seconds to load.
Meanwhile, social media connections were also low with just 43% of companies linking their mobile websites to social media and just 9% linked to apps.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...