News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few FTSE100 companies implement responsive web design
New research from The Search Agency reveals that few of the FTSE100 companies are readied for the mobile marketing age.
2014 is dubbed the year of mobile, but even the biggest of companies don't appear to be totally committed. A new report from The Search Agency found that less than half (42%) of FTSE100 companies have mobile-optimized websites, potentially harming their brand and losing them valuable customers and sales. Almost three-quarters (72%) of consumers in the UK now have a smartphone.
The FTSE100 websites were scored based on five factors - load speed, site format, calculated download speed, social media presence and app presence.
Just 2 of the 100 companies had responsive web design and almost all (99%) had mobile site load speeds of more than 1 second, the time recommended by Google for mobile loading. More than a third (37%) took more than 5 seconds to load.
Meanwhile, social media connections were also low with just 43% of companies linking their mobile websites to social media and just 9% linked to apps.
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...