News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few FTSE100 companies implement responsive web design
New research from The Search Agency reveals that few of the FTSE100 companies are readied for the mobile marketing age.
2014 is dubbed the year of mobile, but even the biggest of companies don't appear to be totally committed. A new report from The Search Agency found that less than half (42%) of FTSE100 companies have mobile-optimized websites, potentially harming their brand and losing them valuable customers and sales. Almost three-quarters (72%) of consumers in the UK now have a smartphone.
The FTSE100 websites were scored based on five factors - load speed, site format, calculated download speed, social media presence and app presence.
Just 2 of the 100 companies had responsive web design and almost all (99%) had mobile site load speeds of more than 1 second, the time recommended by Google for mobile loading. More than a third (37%) took more than 5 seconds to load.
Meanwhile, social media connections were also low with just 43% of companies linking their mobile websites to social media and just 9% linked to apps.
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...