News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Feedzai: Half put fraud prevention on merchants' shoulders
With the recent Target data breech security is top of many retailer, financial institution and business owner minds. And that is good because new data out from Feedzai indicates consumers are placing the responsibility for data security directly on merchants' shoulders.
As for how shoppers are looking at data breeches most (58%) of those between the ages of 18 and 34 believe data breeches are 'part of' the online shopping experience while only about one-third (38%) of those over age 55 believe the same. Other interesting findings include:
• 52% of those aware of data breeches believe shopping in-store is safer than shopping online
• 22% say they changed shopping behaviors because of recent breeches, 38% say they've 'stopped shopping' at affected retailers
• 40% say they're using cash more now than before the breeches
• 55% say data breeches are the responsibility of merchants
"Fraud prevention is now a matter of predicting complex consumer behavior based on changing sentiments," said Dr. Pedro Bizarro, chief data scientist of Feedzai. "These findings show that consumers believe it is the merchant's responsibility, but really it is a collective problem that the industry needs to understand in order to distinguish customers from criminals and keep payment data safe."
Meanwhile about 20% say losing cellphones or getting the flu are more aggravating than credit card theft; Americans also say being stuck in traffic or going to the DMV is more frustrating that having a credit or debit card stolen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...