News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Feedzai: Half put fraud prevention on merchants' shoulders
With the recent Target data breech security is top of many retailer, financial institution and business owner minds. And that is good because new data out from Feedzai indicates consumers are placing the responsibility for data security directly on merchants' shoulders.
As for how shoppers are looking at data breeches most (58%) of those between the ages of 18 and 34 believe data breeches are 'part of' the online shopping experience while only about one-third (38%) of those over age 55 believe the same. Other interesting findings include:
• 52% of those aware of data breeches believe shopping in-store is safer than shopping online
• 22% say they changed shopping behaviors because of recent breeches, 38% say they've 'stopped shopping' at affected retailers
• 40% say they're using cash more now than before the breeches
• 55% say data breeches are the responsibility of merchants
"Fraud prevention is now a matter of predicting complex consumer behavior based on changing sentiments," said Dr. Pedro Bizarro, chief data scientist of Feedzai. "These findings show that consumers believe it is the merchant's responsibility, but really it is a collective problem that the industry needs to understand in order to distinguish customers from criminals and keep payment data safe."
Meanwhile about 20% say losing cellphones or getting the flu are more aggravating than credit card theft; Americans also say being stuck in traffic or going to the DMV is more frustrating that having a credit or debit card stolen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...