News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Euclid: February sales less than lovely
People might have gone all out on fancy dinners, but when it comes to shopping in stores in the month of February, they were a bit more reluctant. That's the takeaway from the Euclid Benchmarks Report for February 2014. According to Euclid sales increased less than 1% for the month.
Shoppers weren't as interested in buying items in-store in the month of February, despite the advertising for Valentine's Day. According to new data out from Euclid sales for February increased only 0.7% (2014 vs 2013) despite retailers' best efforts to bring shopping into stores. Euclid's experts believe the severely cold winter has kept many shoppers from hitting retail outlets as traffic into stores decreased about 3% for the month.
Other interesting findings from the Euclid Benchmarks Report include:
• Storefront conversions increased nearly 1%
• Shopper bounce rates increased 2% (YoY)
• Shopping session times were nearly equal for 2013 vs 2014
"Valentine's Day did not have nearly the positive impact on shopping activity this year compared to last year. Cold, stormy weather and the growing ease of online fulfillment drove an increasing amount of Valentine's Day related shopping to online e-tailers and away from the physical store, resulting in 10 percent less store traffic year-over-year for the week preceding the holiday," writes the company.
February 25 was marked as the 'most engaged' shopping day with consumers spending an average of 25 minutes in-store while Wednesday, February 19 was tagged as the least engaged day. On the 19th shoppers had higher than average bounce rates and lower store conversion rates, as well.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...