News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eBay UK sells one car every minute
eBay UK is an increasingly important channel for the automotive market, according to new figures released by eBay Advertising.
Analysis of anonymous consumer data collected by eBay reveals that one car is sold on eBay every minute in the UK. The largest demographic purchasing cars on the platform is 30-34 year olds with March the busiest month, due to new car registrations being released at this time, followed by April and May.
"As consumers become more comfortable buying big ticket items online, we've seen our motors market continue to grow. It's not just about being able to buy online though, consumers are also looking to research, browse and be inspired on their desktops, tablets and mobiles before arriving at their local dealership," says Phuong Nguyen, UK Head of eBay Advertising.
"Smart car brands understand this and are offering customers the opportunity to engage with them at a time and place which suits them, confident that a strong digital presence will help drive sales on and offline."
eBay reported that there are definite purchase trends throughout the year. As well as the busy post-registration period of March through to April, summer attracts buyers of external styling kits to 'pimp' their ride with a part sold every 20 seconds and winter sees purchases of tires and lighting spike as Brits get their cars tuned up for safety on the wintry roads.
The brands most-searched for on eBay UK in 2013 were BMW, Range Rover, Mercedes, Mini and Land Rover although there was no indication from eBay as to which brands were purchased the most.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Top place for UK mobile shoppers is in bed
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...