News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eBay UK sells one car every minute
eBay UK is an increasingly important channel for the automotive market, according to new figures released by eBay Advertising.
Analysis of anonymous consumer data collected by eBay reveals that one car is sold on eBay every minute in the UK. The largest demographic purchasing cars on the platform is 30-34 year olds with March the busiest month, due to new car registrations being released at this time, followed by April and May.
"As consumers become more comfortable buying big ticket items online, we've seen our motors market continue to grow. It's not just about being able to buy online though, consumers are also looking to research, browse and be inspired on their desktops, tablets and mobiles before arriving at their local dealership," says Phuong Nguyen, UK Head of eBay Advertising.
"Smart car brands understand this and are offering customers the opportunity to engage with them at a time and place which suits them, confident that a strong digital presence will help drive sales on and offline."
eBay reported that there are definite purchase trends throughout the year. As well as the busy post-registration period of March through to April, summer attracts buyers of external styling kits to 'pimp' their ride with a part sold every 20 seconds and winter sees purchases of tires and lighting spike as Brits get their cars tuned up for safety on the wintry roads.
The brands most-searched for on eBay UK in 2013 were BMW, Range Rover, Mercedes, Mini and Land Rover although there was no indication from eBay as to which brands were purchased the most.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...