News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Confidence in data-driven marketing at highest level ever
The DMA describes data as 'the new gold of our economy', backed up by new data from its Quarterly Business Review that shows confidence in data-driven marketing is at its highest level ever.
The Direct Marketing Association's latest survey of its members found that 78% say of data-driven marketing that they are "confident in the practice and its prospects for future growth".
The Quarterly Business Review for the fourth quarter of 2013 also highlights the dominance of digital among data-driven marketing media options.
Furthermore, the Direct Marketing Association estimates that aggregate spending on digital marketing channels in the US will exceed that on direct mail for the first time.
"Practitioners of data-driven marketing have dealt with pressure from both inside and outside their industry over the last several years with turbulent macroeconomic conditions and scrutiny on "data use," said Jonathan Margulies, Managing Director of Winterberry Group, who conducted the survey.
"But heading into 2014 DDMers are feeling optimistic about what lies ahead--targeted, data-driven techniques are quickly becoming the standard in marketing with brands incorporating these approaches in new and sophisticated ways, fueled by growing digital and mobile opportunities."
Spending on data-driven marketing will continue to grow in the months ahead with 44% of respondents planning to up their spending and 42% keeping spending the same.
Image via Shutterstock
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
- Adobe: $27billion spent so far, 46% mobile traffic
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...