News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Confidence in data-driven marketing at highest level ever
The DMA describes data as 'the new gold of our economy', backed up by new data from its Quarterly Business Review that shows confidence in data-driven marketing is at its highest level ever.
The Direct Marketing Association's latest survey of its members found that 78% say of data-driven marketing that they are "confident in the practice and its prospects for future growth".
The Quarterly Business Review for the fourth quarter of 2013 also highlights the dominance of digital among data-driven marketing media options.
Furthermore, the Direct Marketing Association estimates that aggregate spending on digital marketing channels in the US will exceed that on direct mail for the first time.
"Practitioners of data-driven marketing have dealt with pressure from both inside and outside their industry over the last several years with turbulent macroeconomic conditions and scrutiny on "data use," said Jonathan Margulies, Managing Director of Winterberry Group, who conducted the survey.
"But heading into 2014 DDMers are feeling optimistic about what lies ahead--targeted, data-driven techniques are quickly becoming the standard in marketing with brands incorporating these approaches in new and sophisticated ways, fueled by growing digital and mobile opportunities."
Spending on data-driven marketing will continue to grow in the months ahead with 44% of respondents planning to up their spending and 42% keeping spending the same.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...