News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Company data shows how mobiles are engaging with original content
Rovio is likely one of those developers that you know about but don't realize you know about. They are the people behind Angry Birds and a slew of original, mobile content as well a ad-based content. And new data they are releasing about their platform sheds light on how mobiles are not only engaging with mobile but specifically with original content.
First, the numbers: Rovio's ToonTV, which delivers original content to consumers through Smart TVs, Roku and mobile devices through Angry Birds apps, has surpassed 2 billion views in just one year. The channel officially launched in March 2013. That they pushed into the 2 billion area in a year is quite interesting but perhaps more interesting is how engaged consumers are with the content - games, video, etc. - that Rovio is providing.
According to Rovio data:
• Average session times (video viewing) is between 12 and 15 minutes
• Average clips watched is 4-6
• Half of viewers watch via tablet, half via 'other' mobile device
• ToonTV serves more than 225 million video views monthly
What's more the audience for Angry Birds and the ToonTV infrastructure is fairly well split across all age demographics. Rovio reports about 40% of their user base is Adult, 30% are children (12 and under) and 30% are teens (13-19).
While this data is specific to Rovio, it's also an indicator that mobile users are engaging past the game-stage. That is good news for brands who would sponsor original content with developer apps and sites as well as for brands who want to create their own niche content in the mobile space.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...