News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Company data shows how mobiles are engaging with original content
Rovio is likely one of those developers that you know about but don't realize you know about. They are the people behind Angry Birds and a slew of original, mobile content as well a ad-based content. And new data they are releasing about their platform sheds light on how mobiles are not only engaging with mobile but specifically with original content.
First, the numbers: Rovio's ToonTV, which delivers original content to consumers through Smart TVs, Roku and mobile devices through Angry Birds apps, has surpassed 2 billion views in just one year. The channel officially launched in March 2013. That they pushed into the 2 billion area in a year is quite interesting but perhaps more interesting is how engaged consumers are with the content - games, video, etc. - that Rovio is providing.
According to Rovio data:
• Average session times (video viewing) is between 12 and 15 minutes
• Average clips watched is 4-6
• Half of viewers watch via tablet, half via 'other' mobile device
• ToonTV serves more than 225 million video views monthly
What's more the audience for Angry Birds and the ToonTV infrastructure is fairly well split across all age demographics. Rovio reports about 40% of their user base is Adult, 30% are children (12 and under) and 30% are teens (13-19).
While this data is specific to Rovio, it's also an indicator that mobile users are engaging past the game-stage. That is good news for brands who would sponsor original content with developer apps and sites as well as for brands who want to create their own niche content in the mobile space.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
- Survey: Mobile, video to lead ad's future
- BigCommerce release uses real time to boost revenue
- Survey: SMBs optimistic about 2015
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...