News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Company data shows how mobiles are engaging with original content
Rovio is likely one of those developers that you know about but don't realize you know about. They are the people behind Angry Birds and a slew of original, mobile content as well a ad-based content. And new data they are releasing about their platform sheds light on how mobiles are not only engaging with mobile but specifically with original content.
First, the numbers: Rovio's ToonTV, which delivers original content to consumers through Smart TVs, Roku and mobile devices through Angry Birds apps, has surpassed 2 billion views in just one year. The channel officially launched in March 2013. That they pushed into the 2 billion area in a year is quite interesting but perhaps more interesting is how engaged consumers are with the content - games, video, etc. - that Rovio is providing.
According to Rovio data:
• Average session times (video viewing) is between 12 and 15 minutes
• Average clips watched is 4-6
• Half of viewers watch via tablet, half via 'other' mobile device
• ToonTV serves more than 225 million video views monthly
What's more the audience for Angry Birds and the ToonTV infrastructure is fairly well split across all age demographics. Rovio reports about 40% of their user base is Adult, 30% are children (12 and under) and 30% are teens (13-19).
While this data is specific to Rovio, it's also an indicator that mobile users are engaging past the game-stage. That is good news for brands who would sponsor original content with developer apps and sites as well as for brands who want to create their own niche content in the mobile space.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...