News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BuzzFeed, BBC most-shared publishers on Facebook and Twitter
BuzzFeed and the BBC were the most-shared English language publishers on Facebook and Twitter during the month of February, according to new data released by social monitoring platform Newswhip.
Using data from their content discovery tool, Spike, Newswhip has released findings showing the publishers that dominated social media during February. By monitoring content that is shared on social media and the conversations around it, BuzzFeed was found to be the most-shared on Facebook and the BBC on Twitter.
BuzzFeed received more than 50 million interactions on Facebook - which includes comments, shares and Likes. This, says Newswhip CEO and founder Paul Quigley, is on account of the popularity of BuzzFeeds' recent quizzes.
"BuzzFeed haven't upped their article count so much but the social numbers on some of those quizzes," said Quigley, "they're like a new form of content. It's almost unfair to stack them up against news content because they're evergreen, they just keep rolling and rolling around the web, living on. They may live on for years, accumulating shares."
Meanwhile, on Twitter, the BBC had the highest number of shares in February totaling just under 25 million compared to second place Mashable with 14.6 million.
"There are different motivations for sharing and different relationships," said Quigley. "Twitter is public, there are professional relationships mixed with personal ones there and those dynamics create a different type of sharing atmosphere and I think without Twitter you'd lose a lot of the fast reaction to news stories."
Image via Shutterstock
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
- Kinetic email boosts unique click and click-to-open rates
- Study: GenX, Y most likely to BOPIS
- Experts: Why points aren't enough for loyalty
- How to win the Amazon Buy Box
- More brands building relationships with bloggers
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...