News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British consumers worry about muggings while wearing Google Glass
A new study into consumer attitudes towards Google Glass reveals ongoing concerns surrounding personal safety and the safety of others that might curb British consumers enthusiasm for the wearable technology.
In April this year the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology - Google Glass. Recent research from LoveMyVouchers.co.uk found that the hefty price tag of around $600 a pair may put a lot of British consumers from getting in on the trend.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
New research, this time by Toluna in the UK, has found that safety concerns may also put people off wearing Google Glass. Of the 1,000 British respondents to Toluna's survey, almost half (46%) said they would fear being mugged for their wearable technology.
Toluna's survey also mirrored LoveMyVouchers' findings with regards to safety while wearing Google Glass. In both studies, consumers had concerns that wearing Google Glass would distract both drivers and pedestrians.
"Revolutionary advances in technology introduce many benefits and opportunities for consumers, but they also bring about concerns. Our goal was to explore exactly how UK consumers feel about the implications of wearable tech, such as Google Glass," said Paul Twite, UK managing director, Toluna.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...