News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British consumers worry about muggings while wearing Google Glass
A new study into consumer attitudes towards Google Glass reveals ongoing concerns surrounding personal safety and the safety of others that might curb British consumers enthusiasm for the wearable technology.
In April this year the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology - Google Glass. Recent research from LoveMyVouchers.co.uk found that the hefty price tag of around $600 a pair may put a lot of British consumers from getting in on the trend.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
New research, this time by Toluna in the UK, has found that safety concerns may also put people off wearing Google Glass. Of the 1,000 British respondents to Toluna's survey, almost half (46%) said they would fear being mugged for their wearable technology.
Toluna's survey also mirrored LoveMyVouchers' findings with regards to safety while wearing Google Glass. In both studies, consumers had concerns that wearing Google Glass would distract both drivers and pedestrians.
"Revolutionary advances in technology introduce many benefits and opportunities for consumers, but they also bring about concerns. Our goal was to explore exactly how UK consumers feel about the implications of wearable tech, such as Google Glass," said Paul Twite, UK managing director, Toluna.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...