News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British consumers worry about muggings while wearing Google Glass
A new study into consumer attitudes towards Google Glass reveals ongoing concerns surrounding personal safety and the safety of others that might curb British consumers enthusiasm for the wearable technology.
In April this year the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology - Google Glass. Recent research from LoveMyVouchers.co.uk found that the hefty price tag of around $600 a pair may put a lot of British consumers from getting in on the trend.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
New research, this time by Toluna in the UK, has found that safety concerns may also put people off wearing Google Glass. Of the 1,000 British respondents to Toluna's survey, almost half (46%) said they would fear being mugged for their wearable technology.
Toluna's survey also mirrored LoveMyVouchers' findings with regards to safety while wearing Google Glass. In both studies, consumers had concerns that wearing Google Glass would distract both drivers and pedestrians.
"Revolutionary advances in technology introduce many benefits and opportunities for consumers, but they also bring about concerns. Our goal was to explore exactly how UK consumers feel about the implications of wearable tech, such as Google Glass," said Paul Twite, UK managing director, Toluna.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...