News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British consumers worry about muggings while wearing Google Glass
A new study into consumer attitudes towards Google Glass reveals ongoing concerns surrounding personal safety and the safety of others that might curb British consumers enthusiasm for the wearable technology.
In April this year the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology - Google Glass. Recent research from LoveMyVouchers.co.uk found that the hefty price tag of around $600 a pair may put a lot of British consumers from getting in on the trend.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
New research, this time by Toluna in the UK, has found that safety concerns may also put people off wearing Google Glass. Of the 1,000 British respondents to Toluna's survey, almost half (46%) said they would fear being mugged for their wearable technology.
Toluna's survey also mirrored LoveMyVouchers' findings with regards to safety while wearing Google Glass. In both studies, consumers had concerns that wearing Google Glass would distract both drivers and pedestrians.
"Revolutionary advances in technology introduce many benefits and opportunities for consumers, but they also bring about concerns. Our goal was to explore exactly how UK consumers feel about the implications of wearable tech, such as Google Glass," said Paul Twite, UK managing director, Toluna.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...