News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British consumers worry about muggings while wearing Google Glass
A new study into consumer attitudes towards Google Glass reveals ongoing concerns surrounding personal safety and the safety of others that might curb British consumers enthusiasm for the wearable technology.
In April this year the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology - Google Glass. Recent research from LoveMyVouchers.co.uk found that the hefty price tag of around $600 a pair may put a lot of British consumers from getting in on the trend.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
New research, this time by Toluna in the UK, has found that safety concerns may also put people off wearing Google Glass. Of the 1,000 British respondents to Toluna's survey, almost half (46%) said they would fear being mugged for their wearable technology.
Toluna's survey also mirrored LoveMyVouchers' findings with regards to safety while wearing Google Glass. In both studies, consumers had concerns that wearing Google Glass would distract both drivers and pedestrians.
"Revolutionary advances in technology introduce many benefits and opportunities for consumers, but they also bring about concerns. Our goal was to explore exactly how UK consumers feel about the implications of wearable tech, such as Google Glass," said Paul Twite, UK managing director, Toluna.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...