News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BaseKit: UK SME websites 'prehistoric'
Yet more research reveals that businesses aren't keeping up with the demands of consumers when it comes to their digital marketing. A survey in the UK from BaseKit finds that many websites are out of date in what is now an age of mobile.
Businesses, particularly small businesses, continue to maintain websites that can only be accessed via a PC. A survey of 510 SMEs by website development firm BaseKit found that 91% of companies fall into this mobile-unfriendly category, basically alienating themselves from today's on-the-go mobile consumer.
Juan Lobato, CEO of BaseKit, citing data that shows 50% of website traffic now comes from a mobile device, says that these websites are "positively prehistoric" and that businesses without a mobile optimized website are missing out.
In February, website design firm hibu released data showing that only 10% of SMEs in the UK have a mobile optimized website despite the majority (90%) believing that improving their website would bring in around 5% in additional revenues.
SMEs that do not optimize websites for mobile could be missing out on £77bn (US$128bn) in annual revenue, says hibu.
"Local businesses need a site that renders well on phones and tablets, or they are missing out on dramatic growth because 'on-the-go' people around them can't see their website well," says Matt Anderson, Chief Digital Officer for hibu.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...