News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BaseKit: UK SME websites 'prehistoric'
Yet more research reveals that businesses aren't keeping up with the demands of consumers when it comes to their digital marketing. A survey in the UK from BaseKit finds that many websites are out of date in what is now an age of mobile.
Businesses, particularly small businesses, continue to maintain websites that can only be accessed via a PC. A survey of 510 SMEs by website development firm BaseKit found that 91% of companies fall into this mobile-unfriendly category, basically alienating themselves from today's on-the-go mobile consumer.
Juan Lobato, CEO of BaseKit, citing data that shows 50% of website traffic now comes from a mobile device, says that these websites are "positively prehistoric" and that businesses without a mobile optimized website are missing out.
In February, website design firm hibu released data showing that only 10% of SMEs in the UK have a mobile optimized website despite the majority (90%) believing that improving their website would bring in around 5% in additional revenues.
SMEs that do not optimize websites for mobile could be missing out on £77bn (US$128bn) in annual revenue, says hibu.
"Local businesses need a site that renders well on phones and tablets, or they are missing out on dramatic growth because 'on-the-go' people around them can't see their website well," says Matt Anderson, Chief Digital Officer for hibu.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Autofill features on social media improve conversions
- Brands: Why You Need Millennials
- Mobile Roundup: More shoppers choosing mobile
- Survey: For routine accounting, SMBs trust in-house
- Mobile-friendly email strategies paying off for marketers
- The growing impact of online performance on sales and customer experience
- Dedicated email marketing teams significantly affect ROI
- How to predict shopper behavior outside surveys
Featured White Papers