News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Bad consumer care puts businesses in the dog house for a year
How long would you hold a grudge against a company from which you'd received bad service or had your trust in them tested? According to new research from customer experience management company Thunderbird for some consumers that disappointment can last a lifetime.
A certain budget airline operating here in New Zealand let me down badly a couple of years ago - and I shall never forgive them nor use their services again. In this somewhat sulky behavior I am not alone.
In a survey of more than 2,000 UK consumers and interviews with senior customer executives from 33 UK businesses, Thunderhead found that a bad experience would put 24% of consumers off a business for a year and 23% would never trust that company again.
The research, reported by The Drum, found that despite increasingly 'real time' engagement with customer service via social media, more than half of respondents (52%) had not seen any improvement in their dealings with businesses over the last three years. Six in ten said that such real-time dealing hadn't seen any improvement over the last few years and 66% felt "business' knowledge of them had also remained the same".
One of the problems highlighted by Thunderhead's report is that of compartmentalized housing of customer data within a business, preventing "a complete view of the customer across their journey" and, therefore, prohibiting the ability to offer customers a personalized and relevant experience. In fact, nearly all respondents to the survey (92%) said that being asked for information multiple times in their dealings with a business made them feel negatively about that business, so much so that 21% would ditch them for a competitor.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...