News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Bad consumer care puts businesses in the dog house for a year
How long would you hold a grudge against a company from which you'd received bad service or had your trust in them tested? According to new research from customer experience management company Thunderbird for some consumers that disappointment can last a lifetime.
A certain budget airline operating here in New Zealand let me down badly a couple of years ago - and I shall never forgive them nor use their services again. In this somewhat sulky behavior I am not alone.
In a survey of more than 2,000 UK consumers and interviews with senior customer executives from 33 UK businesses, Thunderhead found that a bad experience would put 24% of consumers off a business for a year and 23% would never trust that company again.
The research, reported by The Drum, found that despite increasingly 'real time' engagement with customer service via social media, more than half of respondents (52%) had not seen any improvement in their dealings with businesses over the last three years. Six in ten said that such real-time dealing hadn't seen any improvement over the last few years and 66% felt "business' knowledge of them had also remained the same".
One of the problems highlighted by Thunderhead's report is that of compartmentalized housing of customer data within a business, preventing "a complete view of the customer across their journey" and, therefore, prohibiting the ability to offer customers a personalized and relevant experience. In fact, nearly all respondents to the survey (92%) said that being asked for information multiple times in their dealings with a business made them feel negatively about that business, so much so that 21% would ditch them for a competitor.
Image via Shutterstock
- Unique products, better prices motivates cross-border ecommerce
- Gen Z keen to engage with mobile video
- Expert: How to determine if a subscription service is good business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting key for video, digital products
- Top 3 tips to create speech analytics strategy
- Snapchat rumored to be rolling out behavioral targeting for advertisers
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
Featured White Papers
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing Today
Great content shows that you understand the customer and their problems and that you want and are able to help...
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...