News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AtTask reveals the top workplace inefficiencies facing marketers
What is it that drains creativity from your day as a marketer? Is it the back-to-back unproductive meetings, a bulging email inbox or constant interruptions and distractions? Project management and SaaS firm AtTask surveyed marketing professionals to see what their number one inefficiency at work is.
Fire drills, random requests, unproductive meetings, distractions and interruptions and even spreadsheets were all among the top eight inefficiencies cited by the 250 marketers surveyed by AtTask for a Marketing March Madness survey.
Whittled down to the top four inefficiencies saw distractions and interruptions as the clear leader with marketers stating that a whopping 80% of them were of "little" or "no" value.
"Marketers are so inundated with inefficiencies and work that 50% say they work more than 40 hours a week, 8% say they work more than 60 hours a week, and nearly 60% say they are either completely overwhelmed or barely meeting their deadlines," says AtTask in a blog post.
Meanwhile, almost half (49%) cite unfocused meetings as the biggest time wasters and that email-related tasks take up a quarter of the working day.
View the complete infographic here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...