News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AtTask reveals the top workplace inefficiencies facing marketers
What is it that drains creativity from your day as a marketer? Is it the back-to-back unproductive meetings, a bulging email inbox or constant interruptions and distractions? Project management and SaaS firm AtTask surveyed marketing professionals to see what their number one inefficiency at work is.
Fire drills, random requests, unproductive meetings, distractions and interruptions and even spreadsheets were all among the top eight inefficiencies cited by the 250 marketers surveyed by AtTask for a Marketing March Madness survey.
Whittled down to the top four inefficiencies saw distractions and interruptions as the clear leader with marketers stating that a whopping 80% of them were of "little" or "no" value.
"Marketers are so inundated with inefficiencies and work that 50% say they work more than 40 hours a week, 8% say they work more than 60 hours a week, and nearly 60% say they are either completely overwhelmed or barely meeting their deadlines," says AtTask in a blog post.
Meanwhile, almost half (49%) cite unfocused meetings as the biggest time wasters and that email-related tasks take up a quarter of the working day.
View the complete infographic here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...