News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AtTask reveals the top workplace inefficiencies facing marketers
What is it that drains creativity from your day as a marketer? Is it the back-to-back unproductive meetings, a bulging email inbox or constant interruptions and distractions? Project management and SaaS firm AtTask surveyed marketing professionals to see what their number one inefficiency at work is.
Fire drills, random requests, unproductive meetings, distractions and interruptions and even spreadsheets were all among the top eight inefficiencies cited by the 250 marketers surveyed by AtTask for a Marketing March Madness survey.
Whittled down to the top four inefficiencies saw distractions and interruptions as the clear leader with marketers stating that a whopping 80% of them were of "little" or "no" value.
"Marketers are so inundated with inefficiencies and work that 50% say they work more than 40 hours a week, 8% say they work more than 60 hours a week, and nearly 60% say they are either completely overwhelmed or barely meeting their deadlines," says AtTask in a blog post.
Meanwhile, almost half (49%) cite unfocused meetings as the biggest time wasters and that email-related tasks take up a quarter of the working day.
View the complete infographic here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
- Study: Top retailers failing at email
- Study: Most shoppers engage via mobile before hitting stores
- Report: CPG brands reinvest in RTB
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...