News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AtTask reveals the top workplace inefficiencies facing marketers
What is it that drains creativity from your day as a marketer? Is it the back-to-back unproductive meetings, a bulging email inbox or constant interruptions and distractions? Project management and SaaS firm AtTask surveyed marketing professionals to see what their number one inefficiency at work is.
Fire drills, random requests, unproductive meetings, distractions and interruptions and even spreadsheets were all among the top eight inefficiencies cited by the 250 marketers surveyed by AtTask for a Marketing March Madness survey.
Whittled down to the top four inefficiencies saw distractions and interruptions as the clear leader with marketers stating that a whopping 80% of them were of "little" or "no" value.
"Marketers are so inundated with inefficiencies and work that 50% say they work more than 40 hours a week, 8% say they work more than 60 hours a week, and nearly 60% say they are either completely overwhelmed or barely meeting their deadlines," says AtTask in a blog post.
Meanwhile, almost half (49%) cite unfocused meetings as the biggest time wasters and that email-related tasks take up a quarter of the working day.
View the complete infographic here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...