News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AtTask reveals the top workplace inefficiencies facing marketers
What is it that drains creativity from your day as a marketer? Is it the back-to-back unproductive meetings, a bulging email inbox or constant interruptions and distractions? Project management and SaaS firm AtTask surveyed marketing professionals to see what their number one inefficiency at work is.
Fire drills, random requests, unproductive meetings, distractions and interruptions and even spreadsheets were all among the top eight inefficiencies cited by the 250 marketers surveyed by AtTask for a Marketing March Madness survey.
Whittled down to the top four inefficiencies saw distractions and interruptions as the clear leader with marketers stating that a whopping 80% of them were of "little" or "no" value.
"Marketers are so inundated with inefficiencies and work that 50% say they work more than 40 hours a week, 8% say they work more than 60 hours a week, and nearly 60% say they are either completely overwhelmed or barely meeting their deadlines," says AtTask in a blog post.
Meanwhile, almost half (49%) cite unfocused meetings as the biggest time wasters and that email-related tasks take up a quarter of the working day.
View the complete infographic here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
- Survey: Mobile, video to lead ad's future
- BigCommerce release uses real time to boost revenue
- Survey: SMBs optimistic about 2015
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...