News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Animoto: People want product videos
There is always buzz about the latest movie trailer or a particularly funny practical joke caught on video. But did you know there is also demand for product videos? That is the takeaway from new Animoto data which indicates most people are swayed to make purchases after seeing product demo clips.
According to the Animoto Online and Mobile Video Study nearly three-quarters (73%) of US consumers surveyed said they were 'more likely' to buy a product or invest in a service if they could first watch a video about the item offered first. Other interesting findings include:
• 96% say product/service videos are 'helpful' in making purchase decisions
• 71% say branded video content gives them a positive impression of the business
• 87% say video is helpful in product research for items from the same brand
"The business benefits of using video to increase discovery, traffic, engagement and conversion are widely documented," said Brad Jefferson, CEO of Animoto, "but we were curious about whether consumers actually find business videos helpful. The data shows that there's a real power in business videos to help people make confident shopping decisions. Further, consumers develop a more positive impression of companies that use video and even find such companies to be more trustworthy. Businesses that don't embrace video are overlooking a valuable way to reach their customers and will struggle to keep up with the competition."
How are shoppers using video clips? Many are using video to compare similar products from different brands or to get instructions about how to use or operate a product once they have it home. But they are also using video clips to learn more about brands, which can help to increase consumers' trust factor with companies. As for the types of branded content they most want to see nearly half (42%) say they want more product description/demonstration video clips or 360-degree product views.
• 57% say they want more electronics video content
• 39% say they want more restaurant video content
• 34% say they want more travel video content
• 33% want more exercise/fitness video content
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....