News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
85% of coupon users search online
U.S. shoppers are becoming increasingly savvy when searching out ways to make a saving, according to new research released by marketing services firm Valassis.
Most U.S. consumers consider themselves value seekers. Eight out of ten of the 1,000 respondents to Valassis' survey for their Shopper Marketing Report self-described themselves as 'promotion sensitive' or 'price conscious'.
This has led to more and more consumers seeking out ways in which to save money such as digital coupons and online promotions. In fact, digital media now plays a significant role in the finding and sharing of money-saving tools. Almost three-quarters (71%) of consumers who search online for coupons did so after hearing about it on social media. Furthermore, 40% shared or traded coupons on social media in 2013, up from 30% in 2012.
Overall, 85% of shoppers who use coupons search online.
However, traditional media still has the edge. More than half of consumers (52%) still prefer newspapers as a source for finding coupons, and 51% prefer direct mail.
"These results highlight the need for considering multiple touch points to deliver the right message using the right blend of print, digital and in-store media," said Lisa Reynolds, Valassis Vice President, Brand Strategy and Campaign Solutions. "With a holistic view of the consumer, marketers can best identify their target audience and optimal ways to reach and activate them along their path to purchase."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...