News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
85% of coupon users search online
U.S. shoppers are becoming increasingly savvy when searching out ways to make a saving, according to new research released by marketing services firm Valassis.
Most U.S. consumers consider themselves value seekers. Eight out of ten of the 1,000 respondents to Valassis' survey for their Shopper Marketing Report self-described themselves as 'promotion sensitive' or 'price conscious'.
This has led to more and more consumers seeking out ways in which to save money such as digital coupons and online promotions. In fact, digital media now plays a significant role in the finding and sharing of money-saving tools. Almost three-quarters (71%) of consumers who search online for coupons did so after hearing about it on social media. Furthermore, 40% shared or traded coupons on social media in 2013, up from 30% in 2012.
Overall, 85% of shoppers who use coupons search online.
However, traditional media still has the edge. More than half of consumers (52%) still prefer newspapers as a source for finding coupons, and 51% prefer direct mail.
"These results highlight the need for considering multiple touch points to deliver the right message using the right blend of print, digital and in-store media," said Lisa Reynolds, Valassis Vice President, Brand Strategy and Campaign Solutions. "With a holistic view of the consumer, marketers can best identify their target audience and optimal ways to reach and activate them along their path to purchase."
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...