News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
85% of coupon users search online
U.S. shoppers are becoming increasingly savvy when searching out ways to make a saving, according to new research released by marketing services firm Valassis.
Most U.S. consumers consider themselves value seekers. Eight out of ten of the 1,000 respondents to Valassis' survey for their Shopper Marketing Report self-described themselves as 'promotion sensitive' or 'price conscious'.
This has led to more and more consumers seeking out ways in which to save money such as digital coupons and online promotions. In fact, digital media now plays a significant role in the finding and sharing of money-saving tools. Almost three-quarters (71%) of consumers who search online for coupons did so after hearing about it on social media. Furthermore, 40% shared or traded coupons on social media in 2013, up from 30% in 2012.
Overall, 85% of shoppers who use coupons search online.
However, traditional media still has the edge. More than half of consumers (52%) still prefer newspapers as a source for finding coupons, and 51% prefer direct mail.
"These results highlight the need for considering multiple touch points to deliver the right message using the right blend of print, digital and in-store media," said Lisa Reynolds, Valassis Vice President, Brand Strategy and Campaign Solutions. "With a holistic view of the consumer, marketers can best identify their target audience and optimal ways to reach and activate them along their path to purchase."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...