News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
4.1million UK mums on Facebook
March 30 is Mother's Day in the UK and Facebook has taken the opportunity to reveal some statistics about how many mothers are on the social network and how active they are.
Facebook looks to be a great place to get your brands and products in front of the young sons and daughters planning what to do and buy this Mother's Day.
A recent article on Facebook's UK business Page boasts of Britain's 4.1 million mothers among the social network's users with the vast majority of them (88%) logging in almost every day.
Furthermore, those mothers aren't just logging in and lurking - they post twice the number of comments than other women on Facebook aged 18+, Like 1.9 times more Pages, and post 1.6 times more photos.
According to Facebook, "mums are among the most engaged and connected people on the platform. In fact, 25% of people in the UK are friends with their mum on Facebook (more than France, Italy, Spain and Germany) - and mums overall have 1.15x more friends than other UK women".
At the time of Facebook's article (20 March, 2014) the most popular gifts being discussed on Facebook were the usual suspects - beauty, jewellery and chocolate - and was largely being driven by younger age groups using the social network to generate and share ideas.
Image via Shutterstock
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
- Brands: Why you need prescriptive analytics
- Top 7 tips to increase B2B success
- How to make the most of TV ads
- Ecomm Roundup: 3 platform releases offer more control
- Top 3 tips to make the most of Instagram ads
- Study: Publishers concerned about Google, Facebook, competition
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...