News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
4.1million UK mums on Facebook
March 30 is Mother's Day in the UK and Facebook has taken the opportunity to reveal some statistics about how many mothers are on the social network and how active they are.
Facebook looks to be a great place to get your brands and products in front of the young sons and daughters planning what to do and buy this Mother's Day.
A recent article on Facebook's UK business Page boasts of Britain's 4.1 million mothers among the social network's users with the vast majority of them (88%) logging in almost every day.
Furthermore, those mothers aren't just logging in and lurking - they post twice the number of comments than other women on Facebook aged 18+, Like 1.9 times more Pages, and post 1.6 times more photos.
According to Facebook, "mums are among the most engaged and connected people on the platform. In fact, 25% of people in the UK are friends with their mum on Facebook (more than France, Italy, Spain and Germany) - and mums overall have 1.15x more friends than other UK women".
At the time of Facebook's article (20 March, 2014) the most popular gifts being discussed on Facebook were the usual suspects - beauty, jewellery and chocolate - and was largely being driven by younger age groups using the social network to generate and share ideas.
Image via Shutterstock
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...