News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2013 saw 30% of ecommerce traffic come from mobile
If your business hasn't yet optimized its website for mobile, then perhaps new data from ShopVisible will help convince you that if you don't you are losing out of a lot of customers and sales.
E-commerce provider ShopVisible's data from 2013 reveals that 30% of site traffic to ecommerce websites came from a mobile device. Furthermore, there was a 20% increase in mobile traffic during the final quarter of 2013.
ShopVisible's ecommerce benchmarking report, 'Infuence and Impact: 2013 Year in Review', found that smartphones alone accounted for 15% of traffic in 2013, peaking at 20% in Q4 2013.
"These numbers are continuing to rise," said ShopVisible in its report, "and businesses that do not act on mobile site optimization in 2014 may miss out on revenue potential."
Just 4% of orders were made via mobile, showing that consumers are primarily using their devices to find and research products more so than purchasing. However, those mobile users that did make a purchase via mobile were found to spend the same amount of money as those using a PC.
Recent research has shown that many businesses are yet to optimize their website for mobile, and these businesses are increasingly at risk of losing out on customers and sales as more and more shoppers turn to the convenience of their mobile device to seek out and research online purchases.
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...