News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2013 saw 30% of ecommerce traffic come from mobile
If your business hasn't yet optimized its website for mobile, then perhaps new data from ShopVisible will help convince you that if you don't you are losing out of a lot of customers and sales.
E-commerce provider ShopVisible's data from 2013 reveals that 30% of site traffic to ecommerce websites came from a mobile device. Furthermore, there was a 20% increase in mobile traffic during the final quarter of 2013.
ShopVisible's ecommerce benchmarking report, 'Infuence and Impact: 2013 Year in Review', found that smartphones alone accounted for 15% of traffic in 2013, peaking at 20% in Q4 2013.
"These numbers are continuing to rise," said ShopVisible in its report, "and businesses that do not act on mobile site optimization in 2014 may miss out on revenue potential."
Just 4% of orders were made via mobile, showing that consumers are primarily using their devices to find and research products more so than purchasing. However, those mobile users that did make a purchase via mobile were found to spend the same amount of money as those using a PC.
Recent research has shown that many businesses are yet to optimize their website for mobile, and these businesses are increasingly at risk of losing out on customers and sales as more and more shoppers turn to the convenience of their mobile device to seek out and research online purchases.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...