News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve social commerce
Many experts believe social commerce will come into its own in 2014 as social media consumers mature and begin looking for more than status updates from friends. How can retailers ensure their social media presence is ready for shoppers ready to make purchases?
Aneesh Desikan is the social practice lead and manager of digital marketing at Acquity Group, an Accenture Interactive company.
The first step is to focuse on creating conversation, not pushing a sales, no matter the social channel.
"According to our B2C study, 30% of women are most likely to purchase from a new retailer based on the recommendation of a friend or family member. This demonstrates that social purchase has its roots in engagement with trusted sources, not advertising," said Desikan."
Next, define a strategy with a hyper-targeted approach so that the retailer is focused on specific markets and their interests. In the social space a more targeted approach is best because people use social networks differently than the general web.
"In order to concentrate on specific markets with a high level of interest, the first step is to determine the desired target market in line with website and conversion demographics. Along with a defined target market, creative must be engaging and relevant. Across our clients, social traffic to the websites increased by an average of 88% for the months that we ran hyper-targeted campaigns," said Desikan.
Finally, direct potential customers straight to the product page through a "call to action". That call to action should be as direct as possible because social calls for a more frictionless path to payment. Desikan notes that nearly all of Acquity Group's client web visits from social networks happened when product ads were direct-linked to specific product pages.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...