News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve social commerce
Many experts believe social commerce will come into its own in 2014 as social media consumers mature and begin looking for more than status updates from friends. How can retailers ensure their social media presence is ready for shoppers ready to make purchases?
Aneesh Desikan is the social practice lead and manager of digital marketing at Acquity Group, an Accenture Interactive company.
The first step is to focuse on creating conversation, not pushing a sales, no matter the social channel.
"According to our B2C study, 30% of women are most likely to purchase from a new retailer based on the recommendation of a friend or family member. This demonstrates that social purchase has its roots in engagement with trusted sources, not advertising," said Desikan."
Next, define a strategy with a hyper-targeted approach so that the retailer is focused on specific markets and their interests. In the social space a more targeted approach is best because people use social networks differently than the general web.
"In order to concentrate on specific markets with a high level of interest, the first step is to determine the desired target market in line with website and conversion demographics. Along with a defined target market, creative must be engaging and relevant. Across our clients, social traffic to the websites increased by an average of 88% for the months that we ran hyper-targeted campaigns," said Desikan.
Finally, direct potential customers straight to the product page through a "call to action". That call to action should be as direct as possible because social calls for a more frictionless path to payment. Desikan notes that nearly all of Acquity Group's client web visits from social networks happened when product ads were direct-linked to specific product pages.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...