News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve social commerce
Many experts believe social commerce will come into its own in 2014 as social media consumers mature and begin looking for more than status updates from friends. How can retailers ensure their social media presence is ready for shoppers ready to make purchases?
Aneesh Desikan is the social practice lead and manager of digital marketing at Acquity Group, an Accenture Interactive company.
The first step is to focuse on creating conversation, not pushing a sales, no matter the social channel.
"According to our B2C study, 30% of women are most likely to purchase from a new retailer based on the recommendation of a friend or family member. This demonstrates that social purchase has its roots in engagement with trusted sources, not advertising," said Desikan."
Next, define a strategy with a hyper-targeted approach so that the retailer is focused on specific markets and their interests. In the social space a more targeted approach is best because people use social networks differently than the general web.
"In order to concentrate on specific markets with a high level of interest, the first step is to determine the desired target market in line with website and conversion demographics. Along with a defined target market, creative must be engaging and relevant. Across our clients, social traffic to the websites increased by an average of 88% for the months that we ran hyper-targeted campaigns," said Desikan.
Finally, direct potential customers straight to the product page through a "call to action". That call to action should be as direct as possible because social calls for a more frictionless path to payment. Desikan notes that nearly all of Acquity Group's client web visits from social networks happened when product ads were direct-linked to specific product pages.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...