News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: B2B brands not connecting with tablets
There seems to be a disconnect in the B2B space, especially with tablets. According to a new survey from Corporate Visions while most B2Bers believe tablets can impact sales positively most also don't use them.
"The results from this survey seem to show a tale of two conflicting viewpoints. The majority of people in marketing and sales believe tablets either are or can improve sales enablement, but nearly the same majority of companies have no near-term plans to deploy them," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "Practically speaking, it seems tablets are the ideal tool for the outside sales rep who is constantly on-the-go and has a just-in-time mindset for how they access and consume sales enablement coaching and content. Being able to access the important messaging and materials they need when and where they need it, and then effectively delivering those messages during a sales conversation - which can happen anytime and anywhere - makes this a perfect case for these mobile devices."
Some interesting takeaways from the survey include:
• 46% said tablets would 'significantly improve' message/tool adoption if content/coaching could be downloaded to salespeople's devices
• 23% say their business has purchased tablets and the devices are used for
o Walk-thru presentations - 60%
o Customer demos - 56%
o CRM activities - 45%
o Customizing/editing presentations - 39%
• 83% say their business 'has no plans' to implement tablets
• 75% believe tablets would improve sales activities
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...