News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: B2B brands not connecting with tablets
There seems to be a disconnect in the B2B space, especially with tablets. According to a new survey from Corporate Visions while most B2Bers believe tablets can impact sales positively most also don't use them.
"The results from this survey seem to show a tale of two conflicting viewpoints. The majority of people in marketing and sales believe tablets either are or can improve sales enablement, but nearly the same majority of companies have no near-term plans to deploy them," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "Practically speaking, it seems tablets are the ideal tool for the outside sales rep who is constantly on-the-go and has a just-in-time mindset for how they access and consume sales enablement coaching and content. Being able to access the important messaging and materials they need when and where they need it, and then effectively delivering those messages during a sales conversation - which can happen anytime and anywhere - makes this a perfect case for these mobile devices."
Some interesting takeaways from the survey include:
• 46% said tablets would 'significantly improve' message/tool adoption if content/coaching could be downloaded to salespeople's devices
• 23% say their business has purchased tablets and the devices are used for
o Walk-thru presentations - 60%
o Customer demos - 56%
o CRM activities - 45%
o Customizing/editing presentations - 39%
• 83% say their business 'has no plans' to implement tablets
• 75% believe tablets would improve sales activities
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...