News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Exchanges, social push online conversions
From audience segmentation efforts to first party data use, a new report out from Neustar underlines what worked for online brands in 2013 - and indicates what may help brands excel in 2014.
Look for social network channels and advertising exchanges to push deeper engagement - and conversions - according to a new report from Neustar. Their data covers how channels performed throughout 2013; from that data marketers can extrapolate which channels will perform well in the coming year. Some interesting findings include:
• CPG conversion rates increased 220% when top-performing audience members were targeted
• 500%+ conversion rates were tracked for Education, Auto and Telecom verticals when top audience segments were targeted
• Offline, first-party data use saw performance rates climb at least 32 time higher for Education, Telecom and Retail verticals
"Gone are the days of marketing to many and hoping that you hit the right audience," said David Jakubowski, SVP of Neustar Marketing Services. "Marketers must arm themselves with the technologies that connect customer intelligence with online media intelligence, allowing them to close the loop across channels to get one true view of the customer."
As for the social space, the data shows:
• Social channels pushed brands' reach
• Social channels improved brand performance by 52% compared to averages
• Social campaigns showed an influence over online conversions
• Portal campaigns showed an influence for offline conversions
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...