News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Exchanges, social push online conversions
From audience segmentation efforts to first party data use, a new report out from Neustar underlines what worked for online brands in 2013 - and indicates what may help brands excel in 2014.
Look for social network channels and advertising exchanges to push deeper engagement - and conversions - according to a new report from Neustar. Their data covers how channels performed throughout 2013; from that data marketers can extrapolate which channels will perform well in the coming year. Some interesting findings include:
• CPG conversion rates increased 220% when top-performing audience members were targeted
• 500%+ conversion rates were tracked for Education, Auto and Telecom verticals when top audience segments were targeted
• Offline, first-party data use saw performance rates climb at least 32 time higher for Education, Telecom and Retail verticals
"Gone are the days of marketing to many and hoping that you hit the right audience," said David Jakubowski, SVP of Neustar Marketing Services. "Marketers must arm themselves with the technologies that connect customer intelligence with online media intelligence, allowing them to close the loop across channels to get one true view of the customer."
As for the social space, the data shows:
• Social channels pushed brands' reach
• Social channels improved brand performance by 52% compared to averages
• Social campaigns showed an influence over online conversions
• Portal campaigns showed an influence for offline conversions
Image via Shutterstock
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
- Report: Digital will be strong through holiday season
- Expert: How to ready for speech analytics
- Study: CPG to top $10b this year
- Newspapers go digital but readers continue to pick up a print copy
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...