News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Exchanges, social push online conversions
From audience segmentation efforts to first party data use, a new report out from Neustar underlines what worked for online brands in 2013 - and indicates what may help brands excel in 2014.
Look for social network channels and advertising exchanges to push deeper engagement - and conversions - according to a new report from Neustar. Their data covers how channels performed throughout 2013; from that data marketers can extrapolate which channels will perform well in the coming year. Some interesting findings include:
• CPG conversion rates increased 220% when top-performing audience members were targeted
• 500%+ conversion rates were tracked for Education, Auto and Telecom verticals when top audience segments were targeted
• Offline, first-party data use saw performance rates climb at least 32 time higher for Education, Telecom and Retail verticals
"Gone are the days of marketing to many and hoping that you hit the right audience," said David Jakubowski, SVP of Neustar Marketing Services. "Marketers must arm themselves with the technologies that connect customer intelligence with online media intelligence, allowing them to close the loop across channels to get one true view of the customer."
As for the social space, the data shows:
• Social channels pushed brands' reach
• Social channels improved brand performance by 52% compared to averages
• Social campaigns showed an influence over online conversions
• Portal campaigns showed an influence for offline conversions
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...