News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Exchanges, social push online conversions
From audience segmentation efforts to first party data use, a new report out from Neustar underlines what worked for online brands in 2013 - and indicates what may help brands excel in 2014.
Look for social network channels and advertising exchanges to push deeper engagement - and conversions - according to a new report from Neustar. Their data covers how channels performed throughout 2013; from that data marketers can extrapolate which channels will perform well in the coming year. Some interesting findings include:
• CPG conversion rates increased 220% when top-performing audience members were targeted
• 500%+ conversion rates were tracked for Education, Auto and Telecom verticals when top audience segments were targeted
• Offline, first-party data use saw performance rates climb at least 32 time higher for Education, Telecom and Retail verticals
"Gone are the days of marketing to many and hoping that you hit the right audience," said David Jakubowski, SVP of Neustar Marketing Services. "Marketers must arm themselves with the technologies that connect customer intelligence with online media intelligence, allowing them to close the loop across channels to get one true view of the customer."
As for the social space, the data shows:
• Social channels pushed brands' reach
• Social channels improved brand performance by 52% compared to averages
• Social campaigns showed an influence over online conversions
• Portal campaigns showed an influence for offline conversions
Image via Shutterstock
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...