News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Email personalization leads to 6x higher conversions
When it comes to email marketing personalization is the key. That according to new data out from Experian Marketing Services. According to their new report personalized email messages are generating six times higher transaction rates and revenue than their non-personalized counterparts.
Other interesting findings from the 2013 Email Market Study include:
• Personalized promotional emails had 29% higher open rates
• They also have 41% higher unique click rates
• Personalized triggered emails showed 25% higher open rates
• They showed 51% higher unique click rates
Personalized triggered campaigns showed double the transaction rates of non-personalized; the study also found that multi-channel retailers increased open rates by more than one-third (37%) when personalizing subject lines.
"Consumers have come to expect content tailored to their unique interests and preferences, and there is a clear business case for why marketers need to meet those expectations," said Peter DeNunzio, general manager, cross-channel marketing, Experian Marketing Services. "As the Email Market Study indicates, marketers are testing various personalization tactics and consumers are responding, but we still have more to learn."
While personalization is helping retailers and other brands create deeper engagement the study also found that fewer than 10% of the brands studied are basing messaging on contact preferences. This is a problem, especially for those relying on email. If messages are sent that have no relevance or if mailings are sent outside the parameters set up when a consumer joins a mailing list, those shoppers will develop a blindness to them.
As for trends in the email space, the Experian research shows more brands are looking at responsive design options within email to optimize the customer experience. Brands are also becoming more adept at including social sharing links within email messages.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...