News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Coupons get moms all the time
Coupons - both print and digital - may be more of an influence with women than some brands thought. According to new data nearly all moms are or have been influenced to buy/try new food items because of a coupon.
Do coupons influence buying behavior? Yes, according to new data out from WomensForum. In a recent survey their researchers found that 89% of moms are 'regularly influenced' by coupons; many to buy new food items.
"The power of the coupon hasn't faded in the digital era, but has taken on new life, as women search for savings across a range of channels," said Mark Kaufman, Founder and CEO, Womensforum.com. "The important role of the coupon in moms' lives is a cornerstone of Womensforum.com's own business, as the one of the largest distributors of digital print coupons in the U.S. We generated more than 50 million coupon downloads in 2013 alone, underscoring the numbers in this new study."
The full report can be downloaded here. Some other interesting findings from the report include:
• 73% of 'new purchases' were from the snacks aisle
• 72% bought new foods from the frozen section
• 62% tried a new cereal
• More than half tried new beverages or dairy products
As for where women are finding these coupons, the researchers say brands should include both print and digital options because 46% said they found coupons both online and offline. Other interesting ways they're finding deals: supermarket circulars (65%) and word of mouth (51%) and about one-third said they learned about new products through social media.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Take a page from the Genius Bar to improve CSR
- Report: Welcome messages on the rise
- Top 3 tips to create a stronger data strategy
- Study finds more people unwilling to share data
- Study: Internet speeds up globally
- Study IDs how Millennials engage with traditional media
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...