News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Coupons get moms all the time
Coupons - both print and digital - may be more of an influence with women than some brands thought. According to new data nearly all moms are or have been influenced to buy/try new food items because of a coupon.
Do coupons influence buying behavior? Yes, according to new data out from WomensForum. In a recent survey their researchers found that 89% of moms are 'regularly influenced' by coupons; many to buy new food items.
"The power of the coupon hasn't faded in the digital era, but has taken on new life, as women search for savings across a range of channels," said Mark Kaufman, Founder and CEO, Womensforum.com. "The important role of the coupon in moms' lives is a cornerstone of Womensforum.com's own business, as the one of the largest distributors of digital print coupons in the U.S. We generated more than 50 million coupon downloads in 2013 alone, underscoring the numbers in this new study."
The full report can be downloaded here. Some other interesting findings from the report include:
• 73% of 'new purchases' were from the snacks aisle
• 72% bought new foods from the frozen section
• 62% tried a new cereal
• More than half tried new beverages or dairy products
As for where women are finding these coupons, the researchers say brands should include both print and digital options because 46% said they found coupons both online and offline. Other interesting ways they're finding deals: supermarket circulars (65%) and word of mouth (51%) and about one-third said they learned about new products through social media.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey IDs best cities for small businesses
- Expert IDs trends to watch in mobile video
- Researchers developing a super-adblocker
- Expert: How retailers can improve tentpole events
- With rise of connected Gen Y, retailers must be fit for the future
- Gaming video content audiences exceed those of HBO and ESPN
- Apple Pay adoption and use continues to wane
- Study: Mobile becoming a loyalty draw
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...