News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers embrace click-and-collect service
Click-and-collect services are proving popular with shoppers and many retailers have seen a significant sales boost as a result of introducing the delivery option.
Click-and-collect sales are soaring and retailers are increasingly hooking up with firms such as Collect+ to offer the service to consumers who want to purchase online but collect their purchase at a local outlet.
Crew Clothing, a brand favored by the Duchess of Cambridge, saw a 20% uplift in sales after their 2013 introduction of a click-and-collect service.
"Convenience is very important to our customers. We make it as easy as possible for them to find what they're looking for and buy," Crew Clothing financial director Justin Hampshire told The Telegraph.
Westfield shopping mall in London has recently launched a click-and-collect service that also features a dedicated collection lounge and fitting room so that shoppers can try on their purchases.
Recent survey findings from Econsultancy, focused on shopping habits during the 2013 festive season, found that 45% of consumers used a click-and-collect service. Their results found that the service is more popular among shoppers in the UK than in the US with just 20% of Americans using the service during the same period.
"It is the second year in a row that we have run the survey, with the results showing that US and UK consumers were more likely to use click-and-collect in 2013 than they were the previous year, though both nations showed only a slight upward trend," says Econsultancy's deputy editor, David Moth. "The research shows that retailers could be losing out on sales if they fail to offer a range of delivery options."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...