News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers embrace click-and-collect service
Click-and-collect services are proving popular with shoppers and many retailers have seen a significant sales boost as a result of introducing the delivery option.
Click-and-collect sales are soaring and retailers are increasingly hooking up with firms such as Collect+ to offer the service to consumers who want to purchase online but collect their purchase at a local outlet.
Crew Clothing, a brand favored by the Duchess of Cambridge, saw a 20% uplift in sales after their 2013 introduction of a click-and-collect service.
"Convenience is very important to our customers. We make it as easy as possible for them to find what they're looking for and buy," Crew Clothing financial director Justin Hampshire told The Telegraph.
Westfield shopping mall in London has recently launched a click-and-collect service that also features a dedicated collection lounge and fitting room so that shoppers can try on their purchases.
Recent survey findings from Econsultancy, focused on shopping habits during the 2013 festive season, found that 45% of consumers used a click-and-collect service. Their results found that the service is more popular among shoppers in the UK than in the US with just 20% of Americans using the service during the same period.
"It is the second year in a row that we have run the survey, with the results showing that US and UK consumers were more likely to use click-and-collect in 2013 than they were the previous year, though both nations showed only a slight upward trend," says Econsultancy's deputy editor, David Moth. "The research shows that retailers could be losing out on sales if they fail to offer a range of delivery options."
Image via Shutterstock
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...