News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers embrace click-and-collect service
Click-and-collect services are proving popular with shoppers and many retailers have seen a significant sales boost as a result of introducing the delivery option.
Click-and-collect sales are soaring and retailers are increasingly hooking up with firms such as Collect+ to offer the service to consumers who want to purchase online but collect their purchase at a local outlet.
Crew Clothing, a brand favored by the Duchess of Cambridge, saw a 20% uplift in sales after their 2013 introduction of a click-and-collect service.
"Convenience is very important to our customers. We make it as easy as possible for them to find what they're looking for and buy," Crew Clothing financial director Justin Hampshire told The Telegraph.
Westfield shopping mall in London has recently launched a click-and-collect service that also features a dedicated collection lounge and fitting room so that shoppers can try on their purchases.
Recent survey findings from Econsultancy, focused on shopping habits during the 2013 festive season, found that 45% of consumers used a click-and-collect service. Their results found that the service is more popular among shoppers in the UK than in the US with just 20% of Americans using the service during the same period.
"It is the second year in a row that we have run the survey, with the results showing that US and UK consumers were more likely to use click-and-collect in 2013 than they were the previous year, though both nations showed only a slight upward trend," says Econsultancy's deputy editor, David Moth. "The research shows that retailers could be losing out on sales if they fail to offer a range of delivery options."
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...