News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers embrace click-and-collect service
Click-and-collect services are proving popular with shoppers and many retailers have seen a significant sales boost as a result of introducing the delivery option.
Click-and-collect sales are soaring and retailers are increasingly hooking up with firms such as Collect+ to offer the service to consumers who want to purchase online but collect their purchase at a local outlet.
Crew Clothing, a brand favored by the Duchess of Cambridge, saw a 20% uplift in sales after their 2013 introduction of a click-and-collect service.
"Convenience is very important to our customers. We make it as easy as possible for them to find what they're looking for and buy," Crew Clothing financial director Justin Hampshire told The Telegraph.
Westfield shopping mall in London has recently launched a click-and-collect service that also features a dedicated collection lounge and fitting room so that shoppers can try on their purchases.
Recent survey findings from Econsultancy, focused on shopping habits during the 2013 festive season, found that 45% of consumers used a click-and-collect service. Their results found that the service is more popular among shoppers in the UK than in the US with just 20% of Americans using the service during the same period.
"It is the second year in a row that we have run the survey, with the results showing that US and UK consumers were more likely to use click-and-collect in 2013 than they were the previous year, though both nations showed only a slight upward trend," says Econsultancy's deputy editor, David Moth. "The research shows that retailers could be losing out on sales if they fail to offer a range of delivery options."
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
- Study: SMB's pushing the social media spend
- Report: BOPIS hot for the holidays
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...