News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers embrace click-and-collect service
Click-and-collect services are proving popular with shoppers and many retailers have seen a significant sales boost as a result of introducing the delivery option.
Click-and-collect sales are soaring and retailers are increasingly hooking up with firms such as Collect+ to offer the service to consumers who want to purchase online but collect their purchase at a local outlet.
Crew Clothing, a brand favored by the Duchess of Cambridge, saw a 20% uplift in sales after their 2013 introduction of a click-and-collect service.
"Convenience is very important to our customers. We make it as easy as possible for them to find what they're looking for and buy," Crew Clothing financial director Justin Hampshire told The Telegraph.
Westfield shopping mall in London has recently launched a click-and-collect service that also features a dedicated collection lounge and fitting room so that shoppers can try on their purchases.
Recent survey findings from Econsultancy, focused on shopping habits during the 2013 festive season, found that 45% of consumers used a click-and-collect service. Their results found that the service is more popular among shoppers in the UK than in the US with just 20% of Americans using the service during the same period.
"It is the second year in a row that we have run the survey, with the results showing that US and UK consumers were more likely to use click-and-collect in 2013 than they were the previous year, though both nations showed only a slight upward trend," says Econsultancy's deputy editor, David Moth. "The research shows that retailers could be losing out on sales if they fail to offer a range of delivery options."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....