News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Retailers need better customer service, mobile solutions
Customer service and customer experience. The same thing? Not really, but some of the same elements are there. Unfortunately according to a new report customer service is falling for many retailers.
Some interesting findings from Zendesk include:
• Overall customer satisfaction dropped in Q4 2013
• The hardest hit verticals were Social Media, Travel/Hospitality and Entertainment/Gaming
• The top verticals for customer service include IT Services, Government/Non-Profit and Real Estate
• The US ranks 11th for global customer satisfaction, Norway and Canada lead in customer service
• Global customer satisfaction is at 80%
For retailers, specifically, Zendesk researchers said, "We looked at the reasons behind the six point dip that retailers saw in customer satisfaction in the fourth quarter. We found that the 2013 dip in satisfaction was much larger than in 2012, and the likely culprit was greatly increased ticket volume during the 2013 holiday season, while holiday staffing levels were not increased at the same rate."
The mobile space is one ripe for increased customer service - and customer experience. A new offering from Skava, the SkavaOne Conversion Calculater, helps retailers see how they are performing in the mobile space. The calculator estimates lost mobile revenues by calculating average order values, traffic and conversion rates.
"Our clients have realized that the launch of an m-commerce website is just the beginning of their mobile journey, not the end, "said Arish Ali, Co-founder and President at Skava. "The SkavaONE Calculator will help retailers realize the ROI a high converting mobile optimized website brings. Through analytics, A/B testing and a flexible platform capable of adapting to the fast paced world of mobile, retailers can grow their bottom line and guard against the competition through improving conversion rates."
Image via Shutterstock
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...