News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Fashion Week, Olympics driving people to mobiles
Smartphones are crucial for Fashionistas, especially during Fashion Week. According to a recent Millennial Media, On Device and the IAB survey most (76%) 'fashionistas' - women interested in fashion - were 'heavily engaged' with their smartphones during New York's Fashion Week. Another 14% were 'heavily engaged with tablets.
Some interesting findings from Millennial Media include:
• 67% of 'Fashionistas' are under age 35
• 62% buy in-store, 36% buy online and 26% buy via mobile device
• Fashionistas shopping via mobile tend to spend more
• 97% of Fashionistas use mobile devices while in stores
Millennial Media found that while most (68%) of Fashionistas spend more than $100 when shopping in-store more than three-quarters (79%) spend over the $100 mark when shopping via mobile. As for how they use mobile devices in-store the report finds:
• 29% are comparison prices
• 23% are researching products
• 18% are using social networks/sharing via socnets
Meanwhile a few statistics out from SOASTA show which countries are the most engaged with the 2014 Sochi Olympics. According to their data about one-third of smartphone traffic to the Olympic website originated from the US, another 23% from Canada and 18% from Russia. Most of these (30%) are accessing Olympics information from Chrome/32 browser windows.
About one-third of mobile consumers say they will use their smartphone or tablet apps to stay up-to-date with Olympic coverage.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...