News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Fashion Week, Olympics driving people to mobiles
Smartphones are crucial for Fashionistas, especially during Fashion Week. According to a recent Millennial Media, On Device and the IAB survey most (76%) 'fashionistas' - women interested in fashion - were 'heavily engaged' with their smartphones during New York's Fashion Week. Another 14% were 'heavily engaged with tablets.
Some interesting findings from Millennial Media include:
• 67% of 'Fashionistas' are under age 35
• 62% buy in-store, 36% buy online and 26% buy via mobile device
• Fashionistas shopping via mobile tend to spend more
• 97% of Fashionistas use mobile devices while in stores
Millennial Media found that while most (68%) of Fashionistas spend more than $100 when shopping in-store more than three-quarters (79%) spend over the $100 mark when shopping via mobile. As for how they use mobile devices in-store the report finds:
• 29% are comparison prices
• 23% are researching products
• 18% are using social networks/sharing via socnets
Meanwhile a few statistics out from SOASTA show which countries are the most engaged with the 2014 Sochi Olympics. According to their data about one-third of smartphone traffic to the Olympic website originated from the US, another 23% from Canada and 18% from Russia. Most of these (30%) are accessing Olympics information from Chrome/32 browser windows.
About one-third of mobile consumers say they will use their smartphone or tablet apps to stay up-to-date with Olympic coverage.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...