News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Fashion Week, Olympics driving people to mobiles
Smartphones are crucial for Fashionistas, especially during Fashion Week. According to a recent Millennial Media, On Device and the IAB survey most (76%) 'fashionistas' - women interested in fashion - were 'heavily engaged' with their smartphones during New York's Fashion Week. Another 14% were 'heavily engaged with tablets.
Some interesting findings from Millennial Media include:
• 67% of 'Fashionistas' are under age 35
• 62% buy in-store, 36% buy online and 26% buy via mobile device
• Fashionistas shopping via mobile tend to spend more
• 97% of Fashionistas use mobile devices while in stores
Millennial Media found that while most (68%) of Fashionistas spend more than $100 when shopping in-store more than three-quarters (79%) spend over the $100 mark when shopping via mobile. As for how they use mobile devices in-store the report finds:
• 29% are comparison prices
• 23% are researching products
• 18% are using social networks/sharing via socnets
Meanwhile a few statistics out from SOASTA show which countries are the most engaged with the 2014 Sochi Olympics. According to their data about one-third of smartphone traffic to the Olympic website originated from the US, another 23% from Canada and 18% from Russia. Most of these (30%) are accessing Olympics information from Chrome/32 browser windows.
About one-third of mobile consumers say they will use their smartphone or tablet apps to stay up-to-date with Olympic coverage.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...