News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Fashion Week, Olympics driving people to mobiles
Smartphones are crucial for Fashionistas, especially during Fashion Week. According to a recent Millennial Media, On Device and the IAB survey most (76%) 'fashionistas' - women interested in fashion - were 'heavily engaged' with their smartphones during New York's Fashion Week. Another 14% were 'heavily engaged with tablets.
Some interesting findings from Millennial Media include:
• 67% of 'Fashionistas' are under age 35
• 62% buy in-store, 36% buy online and 26% buy via mobile device
• Fashionistas shopping via mobile tend to spend more
• 97% of Fashionistas use mobile devices while in stores
Millennial Media found that while most (68%) of Fashionistas spend more than $100 when shopping in-store more than three-quarters (79%) spend over the $100 mark when shopping via mobile. As for how they use mobile devices in-store the report finds:
• 29% are comparison prices
• 23% are researching products
• 18% are using social networks/sharing via socnets
Meanwhile a few statistics out from SOASTA show which countries are the most engaged with the 2014 Sochi Olympics. According to their data about one-third of smartphone traffic to the Olympic website originated from the US, another 23% from Canada and 18% from Russia. Most of these (30%) are accessing Olympics information from Chrome/32 browser windows.
About one-third of mobile consumers say they will use their smartphone or tablet apps to stay up-to-date with Olympic coverage.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...