News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Triple-digit growth expected for connected devices
Starting this year, connected devices are going to begin corning more of the mobile market share. According to a new report out from Millennial Media connected devices could see growth in the triple digits with Wearables leading the pack (947% expected growth); both connected/smart TVs and cars are expected to see at least 300% growth.
Even with that strong growth rate smartphones will continue to lead the mobile pack. That according to Millennial Media's new Mobile Mix report which notes that smartphones now account for nearly three-quarters (72%) of their platform impressions.
Other interesting findings from the Mobile Mix report include:
• Android continues to serve most smartphone impressions (54%) followed by iOS (38%) and BlackBerry (7%)
• Tablet impressions are led by iOS (51%) and Android (48%)
• EBooks account for 90% of the Books/Reference application category
• Games, Music/Entertainment and Communications lead in the app space
"Communications applications have grown in popularity in the last year, and that adoption is reflected on our platform. Communications apps were the third largest on our platform in 2013, moving up one spot from 2012 . Text messaging apps, such as those that allow users to send SMS and MMS messages outside of network carrier options, are the largest sub-category of Communications applications," write the report authors.
As for the top devices, Apple leads with a 21% market share for its iPhone while Samsung holds 10% share with its Galaxy S. Apple's iPad hold just over 8% of the device share.
Image via Shutterstock
- Digital Roundup: Free and freemium models launched
- Banking industry figures show silver surfers avid users of Internet, mobile banking
- Top 3 holiday trends than will impact 2015
- Valentine's Surveys: What couples are looking
- Shareholic: Facebook now accounts for 25% of social referrals
- Brand Keys predicts Super Bowl winners, losers
- Top 3 data collection trends for 2015
- ChoiceStream: Sports audiences costing brands more
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...