News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Triple-digit growth expected for connected devices
Starting this year, connected devices are going to begin corning more of the mobile market share. According to a new report out from Millennial Media connected devices could see growth in the triple digits with Wearables leading the pack (947% expected growth); both connected/smart TVs and cars are expected to see at least 300% growth.
Even with that strong growth rate smartphones will continue to lead the mobile pack. That according to Millennial Media's new Mobile Mix report which notes that smartphones now account for nearly three-quarters (72%) of their platform impressions.
Other interesting findings from the Mobile Mix report include:
• Android continues to serve most smartphone impressions (54%) followed by iOS (38%) and BlackBerry (7%)
• Tablet impressions are led by iOS (51%) and Android (48%)
• EBooks account for 90% of the Books/Reference application category
• Games, Music/Entertainment and Communications lead in the app space
"Communications applications have grown in popularity in the last year, and that adoption is reflected on our platform. Communications apps were the third largest on our platform in 2013, moving up one spot from 2012 . Text messaging apps, such as those that allow users to send SMS and MMS messages outside of network carrier options, are the largest sub-category of Communications applications," write the report authors.
As for the top devices, Apple leads with a 21% market share for its iPhone while Samsung holds 10% share with its Galaxy S. Apple's iPad hold just over 8% of the device share.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...