News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals momentum of tablet PC market
New figures released by NPD DisplaySearch show the continued growth of the mobile PC market with tablet PC shipments forecast to reach 455 million units by 2017.
According to Richard Shim, senior analyst at NPD DisplaySearch, "momentum for the tablet PC market is in full swing".
Global tablet PC shipments are forecast to rise to 315 million in 2014 and account for 65% of the market. By 2017, shipments will climb to 455 million accounting for almost 75% of the mobile PC market.
"Competition is expected to increase as traditional notebook PC brands, including Lenovo, HP, and Dell update their product portfolios to emphasize tablet PCs," says Shim. "Increased competition will mean more attention on, and development of, various segments of the market, which will ultimately lead to greater choice and devices that better fit the needs of consumers."
In addition, weaker than expected demand over 2013 holiday season and back-to-school purchases has led to a reduction in notebook PC shipment estimates for 2014 and going forward with an expected 7% YoY decline this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
- Ad Roundup: Making mobile, social, video simpler
- Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
- Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
- How indie retailers fit into the online space
- Latest mobile network tests find Vodafone wanting
- Ad Roundup: Sales tools and caller response
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...