News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals momentum of tablet PC market
New figures released by NPD DisplaySearch show the continued growth of the mobile PC market with tablet PC shipments forecast to reach 455 million units by 2017.
According to Richard Shim, senior analyst at NPD DisplaySearch, "momentum for the tablet PC market is in full swing".
Global tablet PC shipments are forecast to rise to 315 million in 2014 and account for 65% of the market. By 2017, shipments will climb to 455 million accounting for almost 75% of the mobile PC market.
"Competition is expected to increase as traditional notebook PC brands, including Lenovo, HP, and Dell update their product portfolios to emphasize tablet PCs," says Shim. "Increased competition will mean more attention on, and development of, various segments of the market, which will ultimately lead to greater choice and devices that better fit the needs of consumers."
In addition, weaker than expected demand over 2013 holiday season and back-to-school purchases has led to a reduction in notebook PC shipment estimates for 2014 and going forward with an expected 7% YoY decline this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Smartphones reach new milestone in U.S.
- 400% rise in alcohol advertising not turning U.S. into country of drunks
- Survey uncovers negative attitudes towards wearable tech
- Survey: A little research goes a long way for salespeople
- Mobile Roundup: Payment options, partnerships announced
- Top 5 tips for overworked SMBs
- What did Facebook's inactive account purge do to fan counts?
- TV, radio continue to be most popular media channels
Featured White Papers