News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Responsive Delivery may be more important than Responsive Design
Responsive Web Design may be a short-term solution to a longer-term problem of strategy. That according to a new report out from Forrester Research and Moovweb which indicates, strategically speaking, responsive delivery could out-perform responsive design in the mobile space.
According to the report up to 70% of the costs associated with responsive design are actually pushed into the back-end of a website - where the developers are - rather than the front-end, where the customer congregate.
"Tactical approaches [to mobility] are no longer sustainable, especially as more strategic methodologies like responsive delivery emerge that can underpin a comprehensive enterprise weight delivery of mobile experiences," said Jeffrey Hammond, principal analyst for Forrester Research. "There's considerable value in pre-existing business logic from your company's traditional website (and other existing systems). It's already tested and secured, and it can be opened up to the mobile channel. Avoid duplicating these existing assets, as creating them can add up to more than 70% of the cost of delivering a new mobile experience."
"This survey clearly shows that RWD is a short-term, tactical approach to mobility," said Mitch Bishop, CMO for Moovweb. "The results match what we're hearing from hundreds of companies that are looking for a more strategic, sustainable approach to enterprise mobility that is more nimble and cost effective."
Among other things the report highlight the fact that 63% of those surveyed believe responsive web design will not serve their company in the long term. Responsive Delivery, meanwhile, offers the ability to use existing website content and features within a mobile site which syncs mobile and desktop experiences.
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...