News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Responsive Delivery may be more important than Responsive Design
Responsive Web Design may be a short-term solution to a longer-term problem of strategy. That according to a new report out from Forrester Research and Moovweb which indicates, strategically speaking, responsive delivery could out-perform responsive design in the mobile space.
According to the report up to 70% of the costs associated with responsive design are actually pushed into the back-end of a website - where the developers are - rather than the front-end, where the customer congregate.
"Tactical approaches [to mobility] are no longer sustainable, especially as more strategic methodologies like responsive delivery emerge that can underpin a comprehensive enterprise weight delivery of mobile experiences," said Jeffrey Hammond, principal analyst for Forrester Research. "There's considerable value in pre-existing business logic from your company's traditional website (and other existing systems). It's already tested and secured, and it can be opened up to the mobile channel. Avoid duplicating these existing assets, as creating them can add up to more than 70% of the cost of delivering a new mobile experience."
"This survey clearly shows that RWD is a short-term, tactical approach to mobility," said Mitch Bishop, CMO for Moovweb. "The results match what we're hearing from hundreds of companies that are looking for a more strategic, sustainable approach to enterprise mobility that is more nimble and cost effective."
Among other things the report highlight the fact that 63% of those surveyed believe responsive web design will not serve their company in the long term. Responsive Delivery, meanwhile, offers the ability to use existing website content and features within a mobile site which syncs mobile and desktop experiences.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...