News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Responsive Delivery may be more important than Responsive Design
Responsive Web Design may be a short-term solution to a longer-term problem of strategy. That according to a new report out from Forrester Research and Moovweb which indicates, strategically speaking, responsive delivery could out-perform responsive design in the mobile space.
According to the report up to 70% of the costs associated with responsive design are actually pushed into the back-end of a website - where the developers are - rather than the front-end, where the customer congregate.
"Tactical approaches [to mobility] are no longer sustainable, especially as more strategic methodologies like responsive delivery emerge that can underpin a comprehensive enterprise weight delivery of mobile experiences," said Jeffrey Hammond, principal analyst for Forrester Research. "There's considerable value in pre-existing business logic from your company's traditional website (and other existing systems). It's already tested and secured, and it can be opened up to the mobile channel. Avoid duplicating these existing assets, as creating them can add up to more than 70% of the cost of delivering a new mobile experience."
"This survey clearly shows that RWD is a short-term, tactical approach to mobility," said Mitch Bishop, CMO for Moovweb. "The results match what we're hearing from hundreds of companies that are looking for a more strategic, sustainable approach to enterprise mobility that is more nimble and cost effective."
Among other things the report highlight the fact that 63% of those surveyed believe responsive web design will not serve their company in the long term. Responsive Delivery, meanwhile, offers the ability to use existing website content and features within a mobile site which syncs mobile and desktop experiences.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...