News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Responsive Delivery may be more important than Responsive Design
Responsive Web Design may be a short-term solution to a longer-term problem of strategy. That according to a new report out from Forrester Research and Moovweb which indicates, strategically speaking, responsive delivery could out-perform responsive design in the mobile space.
According to the report up to 70% of the costs associated with responsive design are actually pushed into the back-end of a website - where the developers are - rather than the front-end, where the customer congregate.
"Tactical approaches [to mobility] are no longer sustainable, especially as more strategic methodologies like responsive delivery emerge that can underpin a comprehensive enterprise weight delivery of mobile experiences," said Jeffrey Hammond, principal analyst for Forrester Research. "There's considerable value in pre-existing business logic from your company's traditional website (and other existing systems). It's already tested and secured, and it can be opened up to the mobile channel. Avoid duplicating these existing assets, as creating them can add up to more than 70% of the cost of delivering a new mobile experience."
"This survey clearly shows that RWD is a short-term, tactical approach to mobility," said Mitch Bishop, CMO for Moovweb. "The results match what we're hearing from hundreds of companies that are looking for a more strategic, sustainable approach to enterprise mobility that is more nimble and cost effective."
Among other things the report highlight the fact that 63% of those surveyed believe responsive web design will not serve their company in the long term. Responsive Delivery, meanwhile, offers the ability to use existing website content and features within a mobile site which syncs mobile and desktop experiences.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...