News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: E-devices leading to more readers?
More readers are picking up books - either e or print - that is the takeaway from a recent Pinrceton Survey Research report which shows the number of US adults who read books in 2013 was up 5% over 2012 numbers.
The Princeton Survey Research report found that 28% of Americans surveyed said they read a book in 2013; up from 23% in 2012. About 70% (7 in 10) say they are reading print books and 14% say they are listening to audiobooks. Just 4% of those surveyed said they are 'ebook only' readers.
"Though e-books are rising in popularity, print remains the foundation of Americans' reading habits. Most people who read e-books also read print books, and just 4% of readers are "e-book only." Audiobook listeners have the most diverse reading habits overall, while fewer print readers consume books in other formats," was written in the report.
Meanwhile those e-devices, especially tablets, are also having an impact on newspapers. The Newspaper Association of America reports that the average daily circulation for the six months ending on September 30, 2013 was up 3% (YoY). Much of that growth is attributed to digital subscriptions - people reading the news on tablets, e-readers and mobile devices. Sunday circulation increased a little over 1%.
Nearly half (44%) of US consumers own tablets (December 2013) according to the Consumer Eletronics Association, that is up 8% from August of 2013.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...