News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: E-devices leading to more readers?
More readers are picking up books - either e or print - that is the takeaway from a recent Pinrceton Survey Research report which shows the number of US adults who read books in 2013 was up 5% over 2012 numbers.
The Princeton Survey Research report found that 28% of Americans surveyed said they read a book in 2013; up from 23% in 2012. About 70% (7 in 10) say they are reading print books and 14% say they are listening to audiobooks. Just 4% of those surveyed said they are 'ebook only' readers.
"Though e-books are rising in popularity, print remains the foundation of Americans' reading habits. Most people who read e-books also read print books, and just 4% of readers are "e-book only." Audiobook listeners have the most diverse reading habits overall, while fewer print readers consume books in other formats," was written in the report.
Meanwhile those e-devices, especially tablets, are also having an impact on newspapers. The Newspaper Association of America reports that the average daily circulation for the six months ending on September 30, 2013 was up 3% (YoY). Much of that growth is attributed to digital subscriptions - people reading the news on tablets, e-readers and mobile devices. Sunday circulation increased a little over 1%.
Nearly half (44%) of US consumers own tablets (December 2013) according to the Consumer Eletronics Association, that is up 8% from August of 2013.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...