News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: E-devices leading to more readers?
More readers are picking up books - either e or print - that is the takeaway from a recent Pinrceton Survey Research report which shows the number of US adults who read books in 2013 was up 5% over 2012 numbers.
The Princeton Survey Research report found that 28% of Americans surveyed said they read a book in 2013; up from 23% in 2012. About 70% (7 in 10) say they are reading print books and 14% say they are listening to audiobooks. Just 4% of those surveyed said they are 'ebook only' readers.
"Though e-books are rising in popularity, print remains the foundation of Americans' reading habits. Most people who read e-books also read print books, and just 4% of readers are "e-book only." Audiobook listeners have the most diverse reading habits overall, while fewer print readers consume books in other formats," was written in the report.
Meanwhile those e-devices, especially tablets, are also having an impact on newspapers. The Newspaper Association of America reports that the average daily circulation for the six months ending on September 30, 2013 was up 3% (YoY). Much of that growth is attributed to digital subscriptions - people reading the news on tablets, e-readers and mobile devices. Sunday circulation increased a little over 1%.
Nearly half (44%) of US consumers own tablets (December 2013) according to the Consumer Eletronics Association, that is up 8% from August of 2013.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...