News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platforms offer sales, video solutions
This week Mozu is tapping into sale tax, offering a new integration that will give merchants more control - and security - in sales tax collection; meanwhile Are You A Human is launching a new video unit that will put consumers into the driver's seat for content.
First, Volusion's Mozu is integrating AvaTax, a top-tier tax automation, to its platform. Through the integration Mozu users to tap into Alavera's AvaTax SaaS solution to automate sales and use tax processes. The tool will calculate sales tax at the point of transaction, giving merchants more security in knowing the right taxes are collected. This can also reduce the risk of audits.
Pascal Van Dooren, EVP of Sales and Marketing at Avalara said, "Manually managing sales tax is difficult, expensive, and time consuming - and businesses can face stiff penalties if they don't get it right. Avalara's SaaS offering makes sales tax compliance simple and automatic for thousands of customers every day, and we look forward to doing the same for Mozu customers. In today's electronic world it just doesn't make sense to manually manage sales tax."
Meanwhile Are You A Human has launched a play-through video ad unit. The interactive pre-roll unit is an add-on and allows viewers to skip ads yet still engage with advertiser messaging. Play-Thru for Video allows viewers to engage with quick interactions - like dragging a 'SOLD' sign onto a Quicken Loans ad - that allow them to then go on to the content they wanted.
"Pre-roll videos are effective when they're watched, but we all know that the majority of users tune out or do something else until the ad finishes," says Reid Tatoris, Are You a Human co-founder. "PlayThru for Video enables advertisers to not only deliver their message to real people, but also to get those people actively engaged. And since PlayThru allows people to get to their desired content faster, users are happy with the brand rather than annoyed."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
Featured White Papers
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...