News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platforms offer sales, video solutions
This week Mozu is tapping into sale tax, offering a new integration that will give merchants more control - and security - in sales tax collection; meanwhile Are You A Human is launching a new video unit that will put consumers into the driver's seat for content.
First, Volusion's Mozu is integrating AvaTax, a top-tier tax automation, to its platform. Through the integration Mozu users to tap into Alavera's AvaTax SaaS solution to automate sales and use tax processes. The tool will calculate sales tax at the point of transaction, giving merchants more security in knowing the right taxes are collected. This can also reduce the risk of audits.
Pascal Van Dooren, EVP of Sales and Marketing at Avalara said, "Manually managing sales tax is difficult, expensive, and time consuming - and businesses can face stiff penalties if they don't get it right. Avalara's SaaS offering makes sales tax compliance simple and automatic for thousands of customers every day, and we look forward to doing the same for Mozu customers. In today's electronic world it just doesn't make sense to manually manage sales tax."
Meanwhile Are You A Human has launched a play-through video ad unit. The interactive pre-roll unit is an add-on and allows viewers to skip ads yet still engage with advertiser messaging. Play-Thru for Video allows viewers to engage with quick interactions - like dragging a 'SOLD' sign onto a Quicken Loans ad - that allow them to then go on to the content they wanted.
"Pre-roll videos are effective when they're watched, but we all know that the majority of users tune out or do something else until the ad finishes," says Reid Tatoris, Are You a Human co-founder. "PlayThru for Video enables advertisers to not only deliver their message to real people, but also to get those people actively engaged. And since PlayThru allows people to get to their desired content faster, users are happy with the brand rather than annoyed."
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....