News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platforms offer sales, video solutions
This week Mozu is tapping into sale tax, offering a new integration that will give merchants more control - and security - in sales tax collection; meanwhile Are You A Human is launching a new video unit that will put consumers into the driver's seat for content.
First, Volusion's Mozu is integrating AvaTax, a top-tier tax automation, to its platform. Through the integration Mozu users to tap into Alavera's AvaTax SaaS solution to automate sales and use tax processes. The tool will calculate sales tax at the point of transaction, giving merchants more security in knowing the right taxes are collected. This can also reduce the risk of audits.
Pascal Van Dooren, EVP of Sales and Marketing at Avalara said, "Manually managing sales tax is difficult, expensive, and time consuming - and businesses can face stiff penalties if they don't get it right. Avalara's SaaS offering makes sales tax compliance simple and automatic for thousands of customers every day, and we look forward to doing the same for Mozu customers. In today's electronic world it just doesn't make sense to manually manage sales tax."
Meanwhile Are You A Human has launched a play-through video ad unit. The interactive pre-roll unit is an add-on and allows viewers to skip ads yet still engage with advertiser messaging. Play-Thru for Video allows viewers to engage with quick interactions - like dragging a 'SOLD' sign onto a Quicken Loans ad - that allow them to then go on to the content they wanted.
"Pre-roll videos are effective when they're watched, but we all know that the majority of users tune out or do something else until the ad finishes," says Reid Tatoris, Are You a Human co-founder. "PlayThru for Video enables advertisers to not only deliver their message to real people, but also to get those people actively engaged. And since PlayThru allows people to get to their desired content faster, users are happy with the brand rather than annoyed."
Image via Shutterstock
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...