News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Performance display ads turn viewers into clickers
New research from performance display ad specialists Criteo reveals that click-through rates on such ads are far higher than traditional display ads, while those that click on performance display ads perform 51% more organic search clicks.
Criteo's research findings are based on the web actions (laptop and desktop) of approximately 180,000 US and 22,000 panelists in France. Nielsen tracked each click on a Criteo ad over a period of two months.
The findings reveal that click-through rates on performance display ads - those ads that are displayed based on a user's online history - were up to 5 times higher than for traditional display ads. Furthermore, almost 20% of Internet users clicked on a performance display ad at least once every two months.
In addition, those that clicked on performance display ads were more valuable than average coming from older age groups, with higher incomes and an increased intent for "big ticket" items.
"From the guy dancing around with a sign on the street corner, to the blimp floating over the stadium, to the adorable baby in the TV commercial, advertisers' goals are the same: get the target customer's attention, convey information and motivate action," concludes the research paper "Performance Display Ads Turn Viewers into Clickers". "Because today's Performance Display ads leverage big data to reach the right audience at the right time, we're seeing a significantly more effective approach to online advertising. The ultimate result is that viewers are turning into clickers who are turning into customers."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...