News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Performance display ads turn viewers into clickers
New research from performance display ad specialists Criteo reveals that click-through rates on such ads are far higher than traditional display ads, while those that click on performance display ads perform 51% more organic search clicks.
Criteo's research findings are based on the web actions (laptop and desktop) of approximately 180,000 US and 22,000 panelists in France. Nielsen tracked each click on a Criteo ad over a period of two months.
The findings reveal that click-through rates on performance display ads - those ads that are displayed based on a user's online history - were up to 5 times higher than for traditional display ads. Furthermore, almost 20% of Internet users clicked on a performance display ad at least once every two months.
In addition, those that clicked on performance display ads were more valuable than average coming from older age groups, with higher incomes and an increased intent for "big ticket" items.
"From the guy dancing around with a sign on the street corner, to the blimp floating over the stadium, to the adorable baby in the TV commercial, advertisers' goals are the same: get the target customer's attention, convey information and motivate action," concludes the research paper "Performance Display Ads Turn Viewers into Clickers". "Because today's Performance Display ads leverage big data to reach the right audience at the right time, we're seeing a significantly more effective approach to online advertising. The ultimate result is that viewers are turning into clickers who are turning into customers."
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...