News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Performance display ads turn viewers into clickers
New research from performance display ad specialists Criteo reveals that click-through rates on such ads are far higher than traditional display ads, while those that click on performance display ads perform 51% more organic search clicks.
Criteo's research findings are based on the web actions (laptop and desktop) of approximately 180,000 US and 22,000 panelists in France. Nielsen tracked each click on a Criteo ad over a period of two months.
The findings reveal that click-through rates on performance display ads - those ads that are displayed based on a user's online history - were up to 5 times higher than for traditional display ads. Furthermore, almost 20% of Internet users clicked on a performance display ad at least once every two months.
In addition, those that clicked on performance display ads were more valuable than average coming from older age groups, with higher incomes and an increased intent for "big ticket" items.
"From the guy dancing around with a sign on the street corner, to the blimp floating over the stadium, to the adorable baby in the TV commercial, advertisers' goals are the same: get the target customer's attention, convey information and motivate action," concludes the research paper "Performance Display Ads Turn Viewers into Clickers". "Because today's Performance Display ads leverage big data to reach the right audience at the right time, we're seeing a significantly more effective approach to online advertising. The ultimate result is that viewers are turning into clickers who are turning into customers."
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...