News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Performance display ads turn viewers into clickers
New research from performance display ad specialists Criteo reveals that click-through rates on such ads are far higher than traditional display ads, while those that click on performance display ads perform 51% more organic search clicks.
Criteo's research findings are based on the web actions (laptop and desktop) of approximately 180,000 US and 22,000 panelists in France. Nielsen tracked each click on a Criteo ad over a period of two months.
The findings reveal that click-through rates on performance display ads - those ads that are displayed based on a user's online history - were up to 5 times higher than for traditional display ads. Furthermore, almost 20% of Internet users clicked on a performance display ad at least once every two months.
In addition, those that clicked on performance display ads were more valuable than average coming from older age groups, with higher incomes and an increased intent for "big ticket" items.
"From the guy dancing around with a sign on the street corner, to the blimp floating over the stadium, to the adorable baby in the TV commercial, advertisers' goals are the same: get the target customer's attention, convey information and motivate action," concludes the research paper "Performance Display Ads Turn Viewers into Clickers". "Because today's Performance Display ads leverage big data to reach the right audience at the right time, we're seeing a significantly more effective approach to online advertising. The ultimate result is that viewers are turning into clickers who are turning into customers."
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...