News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Performance display ads turn viewers into clickers
New research from performance display ad specialists Criteo reveals that click-through rates on such ads are far higher than traditional display ads, while those that click on performance display ads perform 51% more organic search clicks.
Criteo's research findings are based on the web actions (laptop and desktop) of approximately 180,000 US and 22,000 panelists in France. Nielsen tracked each click on a Criteo ad over a period of two months.
The findings reveal that click-through rates on performance display ads - those ads that are displayed based on a user's online history - were up to 5 times higher than for traditional display ads. Furthermore, almost 20% of Internet users clicked on a performance display ad at least once every two months.
In addition, those that clicked on performance display ads were more valuable than average coming from older age groups, with higher incomes and an increased intent for "big ticket" items.
"From the guy dancing around with a sign on the street corner, to the blimp floating over the stadium, to the adorable baby in the TV commercial, advertisers' goals are the same: get the target customer's attention, convey information and motivate action," concludes the research paper "Performance Display Ads Turn Viewers into Clickers". "Because today's Performance Display ads leverage big data to reach the right audience at the right time, we're seeing a significantly more effective approach to online advertising. The ultimate result is that viewers are turning into clickers who are turning into customers."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...