News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Longevity and reliability key features youth demand of technology
Today's young people want their technology built to last and don't want to feel pushed to upgrade their devices through insignificant feature changes, according to new research from Voxburner.
Voxburner's research into the buying intentions of those aged between 16-24 found that the younger generation are rather more sensible with their choice of devices and the replacement of them that might be expected.
Far from being influenced by media hype and flashy new features, the Youth Buying Intentions 2014 report found that the youth of today want devices that are built to last and suit their needs and budget.
"I will only upgrade or replace technology when my stuff breaks and it is absolutely necessary," says research participant Jennie. "Unfortunately this is happening a lot more regularly as technology is not so sturdy, and an awful lot more glitchy these days."
Another participant, Jess C, is of the same opinion. "I'm quite rational with my purchases. I'll only upgrade when my previous item isn't working anymore. I'll often find something about a new device that excites me or offers great functionality that convinces me to finally ditch a device that hasn't been working for months."
However, for some youths the device they own is a status symbol and they will go for the wow-factor. Voxburner's research reveals that 40% of those aged 16-24 expect to purchase a new smartphone in the coming year while 30% plan to buy a new laptop.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...