News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Longevity and reliability key features youth demand of technology
Today's young people want their technology built to last and don't want to feel pushed to upgrade their devices through insignificant feature changes, according to new research from Voxburner.
Voxburner's research into the buying intentions of those aged between 16-24 found that the younger generation are rather more sensible with their choice of devices and the replacement of them that might be expected.
Far from being influenced by media hype and flashy new features, the Youth Buying Intentions 2014 report found that the youth of today want devices that are built to last and suit their needs and budget.
"I will only upgrade or replace technology when my stuff breaks and it is absolutely necessary," says research participant Jennie. "Unfortunately this is happening a lot more regularly as technology is not so sturdy, and an awful lot more glitchy these days."
Another participant, Jess C, is of the same opinion. "I'm quite rational with my purchases. I'll only upgrade when my previous item isn't working anymore. I'll often find something about a new device that excites me or offers great functionality that convinces me to finally ditch a device that hasn't been working for months."
However, for some youths the device they own is a status symbol and they will go for the wow-factor. Voxburner's research reveals that 40% of those aged 16-24 expect to purchase a new smartphone in the coming year while 30% plan to buy a new laptop.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...