News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Longevity and reliability key features youth demand of technology
Today's young people want their technology built to last and don't want to feel pushed to upgrade their devices through insignificant feature changes, according to new research from Voxburner.
Voxburner's research into the buying intentions of those aged between 16-24 found that the younger generation are rather more sensible with their choice of devices and the replacement of them that might be expected.
Far from being influenced by media hype and flashy new features, the Youth Buying Intentions 2014 report found that the youth of today want devices that are built to last and suit their needs and budget.
"I will only upgrade or replace technology when my stuff breaks and it is absolutely necessary," says research participant Jennie. "Unfortunately this is happening a lot more regularly as technology is not so sturdy, and an awful lot more glitchy these days."
Another participant, Jess C, is of the same opinion. "I'm quite rational with my purchases. I'll only upgrade when my previous item isn't working anymore. I'll often find something about a new device that excites me or offers great functionality that convinces me to finally ditch a device that hasn't been working for months."
However, for some youths the device they own is a status symbol and they will go for the wow-factor. Voxburner's research reveals that 40% of those aged 16-24 expect to purchase a new smartphone in the coming year while 30% plan to buy a new laptop.
Image via Shutterstock
- GoDaddy, Microsoft partner for SMB solution
- Report: 1 in 4 execs want more transparency
- SMB Roundup: Launches to simplify content, listings
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
Featured White Papers
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...