News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Longevity and reliability key features youth demand of technology
Today's young people want their technology built to last and don't want to feel pushed to upgrade their devices through insignificant feature changes, according to new research from Voxburner.
Voxburner's research into the buying intentions of those aged between 16-24 found that the younger generation are rather more sensible with their choice of devices and the replacement of them that might be expected.
Far from being influenced by media hype and flashy new features, the Youth Buying Intentions 2014 report found that the youth of today want devices that are built to last and suit their needs and budget.
"I will only upgrade or replace technology when my stuff breaks and it is absolutely necessary," says research participant Jennie. "Unfortunately this is happening a lot more regularly as technology is not so sturdy, and an awful lot more glitchy these days."
Another participant, Jess C, is of the same opinion. "I'm quite rational with my purchases. I'll only upgrade when my previous item isn't working anymore. I'll often find something about a new device that excites me or offers great functionality that convinces me to finally ditch a device that hasn't been working for months."
However, for some youths the device they own is a status symbol and they will go for the wow-factor. Voxburner's research reveals that 40% of those aged 16-24 expect to purchase a new smartphone in the coming year while 30% plan to buy a new laptop.
Image via Shutterstock
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...