News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Longevity and reliability key features youth demand of technology
Today's young people want their technology built to last and don't want to feel pushed to upgrade their devices through insignificant feature changes, according to new research from Voxburner.
Voxburner's research into the buying intentions of those aged between 16-24 found that the younger generation are rather more sensible with their choice of devices and the replacement of them that might be expected.
Far from being influenced by media hype and flashy new features, the Youth Buying Intentions 2014 report found that the youth of today want devices that are built to last and suit their needs and budget.
"I will only upgrade or replace technology when my stuff breaks and it is absolutely necessary," says research participant Jennie. "Unfortunately this is happening a lot more regularly as technology is not so sturdy, and an awful lot more glitchy these days."
Another participant, Jess C, is of the same opinion. "I'm quite rational with my purchases. I'll only upgrade when my previous item isn't working anymore. I'll often find something about a new device that excites me or offers great functionality that convinces me to finally ditch a device that hasn't been working for months."
However, for some youths the device they own is a status symbol and they will go for the wow-factor. Voxburner's research reveals that 40% of those aged 16-24 expect to purchase a new smartphone in the coming year while 30% plan to buy a new laptop.
Image via Shutterstock
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...