News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Lack of website optimization for mobile losing UK SMEs billions in revenue
New research in the UK reveals that mobile-optimized websites among SMEs are rare and this means billions in annual revenue is not being realized.
Just 10% of small to medium sized enterprises in the UK have a website that is optimized for mobile users, according to a recent survey by Impact Research for UK-based website design firm hibu. Furthermore, just 4% are set up for mobile transactions.
That's despite the vast majority of SMEs (90%) believing that improving their website would bring in around 5% increase in revenue.
While many businesses have jumped online and invested in a website over the past 10 years, the survey results reveal that this isn't enough for today's businesses.
"Local businesses need a site that renders well on phones and tablets, or they are missing out on dramatic growth because 'on-the-go' people around them can't see their website well," says Matt Anderson, Chief Digital Officer for hibu.
Overall, if SMEs do not optimize websites for mobile they could be missing out on £77bn (US$128bn) in annual revenue.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...