News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Lack of website optimization for mobile losing UK SMEs billions in revenue
New research in the UK reveals that mobile-optimized websites among SMEs are rare and this means billions in annual revenue is not being realized.
Just 10% of small to medium sized enterprises in the UK have a website that is optimized for mobile users, according to a recent survey by Impact Research for UK-based website design firm hibu. Furthermore, just 4% are set up for mobile transactions.
That's despite the vast majority of SMEs (90%) believing that improving their website would bring in around 5% increase in revenue.
While many businesses have jumped online and invested in a website over the past 10 years, the survey results reveal that this isn't enough for today's businesses.
"Local businesses need a site that renders well on phones and tablets, or they are missing out on dramatic growth because 'on-the-go' people around them can't see their website well," says Matt Anderson, Chief Digital Officer for hibu.
Overall, if SMEs do not optimize websites for mobile they could be missing out on £77bn (US$128bn) in annual revenue.
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
- Ad Roundup: Video, content tools launched
- Binge-viewing is booming but it is a lonely activity
- IAB UK: Not all ad blockers want to block all ads
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...