News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Lack of website optimization for mobile losing UK SMEs billions in revenue
New research in the UK reveals that mobile-optimized websites among SMEs are rare and this means billions in annual revenue is not being realized.
Just 10% of small to medium sized enterprises in the UK have a website that is optimized for mobile users, according to a recent survey by Impact Research for UK-based website design firm hibu. Furthermore, just 4% are set up for mobile transactions.
That's despite the vast majority of SMEs (90%) believing that improving their website would bring in around 5% increase in revenue.
While many businesses have jumped online and invested in a website over the past 10 years, the survey results reveal that this isn't enough for today's businesses.
"Local businesses need a site that renders well on phones and tablets, or they are missing out on dramatic growth because 'on-the-go' people around them can't see their website well," says Matt Anderson, Chief Digital Officer for hibu.
Overall, if SMEs do not optimize websites for mobile they could be missing out on £77bn (US$128bn) in annual revenue.
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...