News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Lack of website optimization for mobile losing UK SMEs billions in revenue
New research in the UK reveals that mobile-optimized websites among SMEs are rare and this means billions in annual revenue is not being realized.
Just 10% of small to medium sized enterprises in the UK have a website that is optimized for mobile users, according to a recent survey by Impact Research for UK-based website design firm hibu. Furthermore, just 4% are set up for mobile transactions.
That's despite the vast majority of SMEs (90%) believing that improving their website would bring in around 5% increase in revenue.
While many businesses have jumped online and invested in a website over the past 10 years, the survey results reveal that this isn't enough for today's businesses.
"Local businesses need a site that renders well on phones and tablets, or they are missing out on dramatic growth because 'on-the-go' people around them can't see their website well," says Matt Anderson, Chief Digital Officer for hibu.
Overall, if SMEs do not optimize websites for mobile they could be missing out on £77bn (US$128bn) in annual revenue.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...