News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Lack of website optimization for mobile losing UK SMEs billions in revenue
New research in the UK reveals that mobile-optimized websites among SMEs are rare and this means billions in annual revenue is not being realized.
Just 10% of small to medium sized enterprises in the UK have a website that is optimized for mobile users, according to a recent survey by Impact Research for UK-based website design firm hibu. Furthermore, just 4% are set up for mobile transactions.
That's despite the vast majority of SMEs (90%) believing that improving their website would bring in around 5% increase in revenue.
While many businesses have jumped online and invested in a website over the past 10 years, the survey results reveal that this isn't enough for today's businesses.
"Local businesses need a site that renders well on phones and tablets, or they are missing out on dramatic growth because 'on-the-go' people around them can't see their website well," says Matt Anderson, Chief Digital Officer for hibu.
Overall, if SMEs do not optimize websites for mobile they could be missing out on £77bn (US$128bn) in annual revenue.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...