News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
JiWire: Diners want mobile details
Look to the mobile space to fill empty lunch and dinner chairs. That is the big takeaway from a new report out from JiWire. Their researchers have found that mobile has a strong influence on consumers - from helping them choose where to eat to determining what they'll choose from the menu.
According to JiWire's new Mobile Audience Insights Report underlines the importance of mobile for quick serve and casual dining restaurants. According to their data mobile devices were key in helping hungry consumers not only decide where to eat but what to order. Some interesting takeaways include:
• 75% of mobile consumers have visited a QSR/casual dining restaurant in the past 60 days
• 75% of diners say they'll try a new menu item after seeing a mobile ad
• Most diners said they preferred mobile as a source of information for dining and that mobile influenced their decisions
• 54% have tried new establishments or menu items because of mobile ads
"We are seeing first hand how mobile is reshaping the way QSR brands engage with consumers," said David Staas, president, JiWire. "The great news for QSR brands is that because of mobile, the opportunity to influence consumers during the path-to-purchase cycle and provide a new level of engagement has skyrocketed."
Most diners want menu details, special offers and location on a mobile site.
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....