News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
JiWire: Diners want mobile details
Look to the mobile space to fill empty lunch and dinner chairs. That is the big takeaway from a new report out from JiWire. Their researchers have found that mobile has a strong influence on consumers - from helping them choose where to eat to determining what they'll choose from the menu.
According to JiWire's new Mobile Audience Insights Report underlines the importance of mobile for quick serve and casual dining restaurants. According to their data mobile devices were key in helping hungry consumers not only decide where to eat but what to order. Some interesting takeaways include:
• 75% of mobile consumers have visited a QSR/casual dining restaurant in the past 60 days
• 75% of diners say they'll try a new menu item after seeing a mobile ad
• Most diners said they preferred mobile as a source of information for dining and that mobile influenced their decisions
• 54% have tried new establishments or menu items because of mobile ads
"We are seeing first hand how mobile is reshaping the way QSR brands engage with consumers," said David Staas, president, JiWire. "The great news for QSR brands is that because of mobile, the opportunity to influence consumers during the path-to-purchase cycle and provide a new level of engagement has skyrocketed."
Most diners want menu details, special offers and location on a mobile site.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...