News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
InMobi: Mobiles consuming 6 hours of media each day
Don't look to personal computers or desktops for the bulk of content consumption any longer. According to new data out from InMobi mobile devices are where people are devouring social media, entertainment and gaming content - to the tune of six hours each day.
According to the new InMobi study 97 minutes of the six hours spent with digital content are spent via mobile device, with 81 minutes spent watching television and 70 minutes spent 'online'. Radio, magazines and tablets clocked fewer than 45 minutes each. However, even more time is expected to be spent via mobile, according to consumers' survey responses.
• 21% say they'll increase time spent on social media via mobile devices
• 20% say they'll increase time spent with entertainment
• 16% say they'll increase the time spent with games
• Email, shopping and local search were also noted as areas in which consumers plan to move to mobile
How is a brand to engage these mobile users? First, by knowing that most mobile users (61%) say they are 'as comfortable' with mobile advertising as they are with television; more than three-quarters (87%) say they've noticed mobile ads in the past. About half say they've 'noticed' in-app ads, 40% have noticed search engine results/ads and 27% video websites.
Some of the most interesting findings, though, are in how consumers are responding to mobile ads. Nearly 80% say seeing a mobile ad has increased their awareness and 70% say mobile ads have helped 'create a favorable opinion' about a brand or product. Nearly half have been influenced to buy a product.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to use events as lead-gen
- Study: Brands keen on cross-channel but falling short
- Fraudlogix IDs 'least fraudulent' sites
- Are you EMV-ready? If not, it could prove costly.
- Who are the ad blockers and why are they blocking?
- Expert: EMV switch may not stop fraud
- Study: Families planning for Halloween
- New IAB guidelines to foster consumer trust in content marketing
Featured White Papers
- What should drive email Frequency
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email activity and engagement metrics across four similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email...
- The Design Advantage
Design is more than just an artistic endeavor. It is a philosophy and culture that influences every business decision. Companies...