News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
InMobi mobile ad network reach second only to Facebook
Mobile ad network InMobi claims its global reach now rivals that of social networking giant Facebook.
It's a younger company than Facebook, but InMobi, set up in 2007, claims that its mobile ad network now has 759 million active users per month across the 165 countries in which it operates.
That puts it second only to Facebook in terms of global reach. Facebook had 945 million monthly active users as of 31 December, 2013.
"Mobile has become the foundation of peoples' lives, it is now the preferred media platform -- overtaking even TV -- it is how people obtain necessary information for everyday life," said Naveen Tewari, CEO, InMobi.
"With this growing reliance on mobile devices, naturally, advertising budgets are following consumers. Five years ago, a brand that included mobile advertising in its portfolio was ahead of the curve. Today, if you're not advertising on mobile, you risk losing an entire generation of consumers."
Other key InMobi statistics include:
- Over four billion ad requests per day;
- 240 TB of data processed per day to deliver the most relevant advertising content to consumers;
- 5 TB of new data generated daily.
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...