News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google partners with comScore to attract big brand advertising
Google has been working on an ad measurement system for a number of years. However, the company has this week announced a partnership with comScore to make real-time audience metrics available to its DoubleClick clients.
Using comScore's vCE metric, which Google will build into its DoubleClick ad service, marketers will soon be able to measure campaign performance across multiple screens in real-time.
Neal Mohan, Google VP of display advertising, announced the partnership at Monday's Interactive Advertising Bureau's Annual Leadership Meeting. Serge Matta, president of comScore, says the deal will "radically simplify digital media buying" by giving marketers instant access to data.
The multi-year partnership which will give brands real-time insight into how their campaigns are delivering, is part of a wider drive by Google to attract bigger brands online and attract budgets traditionally spent on television.
"No more waiting days or weeks for reports, no more wasted media, no more missed opportunities," says Mohan. "This objective, third-party vCE metric is being built directly into our DoubleClick ad serving products, where it can serve as a transparent currency for both marketers and publishers to buy, sell and measure ad space across sites, formats and screens."
The real-time audience metrics will first become available in the U.S. later this year for desktop display and video ads, after which the intention is to expand the service to mobile and cross-platform.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...