News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google partners with comScore to attract big brand advertising
Google has been working on an ad measurement system for a number of years. However, the company has this week announced a partnership with comScore to make real-time audience metrics available to its DoubleClick clients.
Using comScore's vCE metric, which Google will build into its DoubleClick ad service, marketers will soon be able to measure campaign performance across multiple screens in real-time.
Neal Mohan, Google VP of display advertising, announced the partnership at Monday's Interactive Advertising Bureau's Annual Leadership Meeting. Serge Matta, president of comScore, says the deal will "radically simplify digital media buying" by giving marketers instant access to data.
The multi-year partnership which will give brands real-time insight into how their campaigns are delivering, is part of a wider drive by Google to attract bigger brands online and attract budgets traditionally spent on television.
"No more waiting days or weeks for reports, no more wasted media, no more missed opportunities," says Mohan. "This objective, third-party vCE metric is being built directly into our DoubleClick ad serving products, where it can serve as a transparent currency for both marketers and publishers to buy, sell and measure ad space across sites, formats and screens."
The real-time audience metrics will first become available in the U.S. later this year for desktop display and video ads, after which the intention is to expand the service to mobile and cross-platform.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...