News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google partners with comScore to attract big brand advertising
Google has been working on an ad measurement system for a number of years. However, the company has this week announced a partnership with comScore to make real-time audience metrics available to its DoubleClick clients.
Using comScore's vCE metric, which Google will build into its DoubleClick ad service, marketers will soon be able to measure campaign performance across multiple screens in real-time.
Neal Mohan, Google VP of display advertising, announced the partnership at Monday's Interactive Advertising Bureau's Annual Leadership Meeting. Serge Matta, president of comScore, says the deal will "radically simplify digital media buying" by giving marketers instant access to data.
The multi-year partnership which will give brands real-time insight into how their campaigns are delivering, is part of a wider drive by Google to attract bigger brands online and attract budgets traditionally spent on television.
"No more waiting days or weeks for reports, no more wasted media, no more missed opportunities," says Mohan. "This objective, third-party vCE metric is being built directly into our DoubleClick ad serving products, where it can serve as a transparent currency for both marketers and publishers to buy, sell and measure ad space across sites, formats and screens."
The real-time audience metrics will first become available in the U.S. later this year for desktop display and video ads, after which the intention is to expand the service to mobile and cross-platform.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...