News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google partners with comScore to attract big brand advertising
Google has been working on an ad measurement system for a number of years. However, the company has this week announced a partnership with comScore to make real-time audience metrics available to its DoubleClick clients.
Using comScore's vCE metric, which Google will build into its DoubleClick ad service, marketers will soon be able to measure campaign performance across multiple screens in real-time.
Neal Mohan, Google VP of display advertising, announced the partnership at Monday's Interactive Advertising Bureau's Annual Leadership Meeting. Serge Matta, president of comScore, says the deal will "radically simplify digital media buying" by giving marketers instant access to data.
The multi-year partnership which will give brands real-time insight into how their campaigns are delivering, is part of a wider drive by Google to attract bigger brands online and attract budgets traditionally spent on television.
"No more waiting days or weeks for reports, no more wasted media, no more missed opportunities," says Mohan. "This objective, third-party vCE metric is being built directly into our DoubleClick ad serving products, where it can serve as a transparent currency for both marketers and publishers to buy, sell and measure ad space across sites, formats and screens."
The real-time audience metrics will first become available in the U.S. later this year for desktop display and video ads, after which the intention is to expand the service to mobile and cross-platform.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...