News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gmail boasts most engaged user base
Of the four major free email providers, Gmail has the most engaged user base, according to the findings of a Yesmail Interactive study, as well as the fast-growing user base.
A larger percentage of Gmail users were active in the past 12 months than those of the other four major free email providers. While 14% of Yahoo, 12% of Hotmail and 10% of AOL users were active the figure for Gmail was 19%.
Yesmail's research, based on analysis of more than 6 billion marketing emails sent during Q4 13, also found that Gmail's user base is growing faster than the others and accounted for 40% of all new subscribers in the last quarter of 2013.
Furthermore, Gmail boasts the lowest percentage of subscribers who have never been active (70%) and the largest percentage of users who have opted in to marketing databases in the last 12 months - a third compared to 21% or less for the other three major providers.
This, says president of Yes Lifecycle Marketing, Michael Fisher, is all despite Gmail's "sometimes controversial practices".
Check out Huffington Post's recent article on Gmail features you may not have come across before including being able to 'unsend' an email, formatting your email address for better filtering and Spring cleaning your entire inbox.
Image via Shutterstock
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...