News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gmail boasts most engaged user base
Of the four major free email providers, Gmail has the most engaged user base, according to the findings of a Yesmail Interactive study, as well as the fast-growing user base.
A larger percentage of Gmail users were active in the past 12 months than those of the other four major free email providers. While 14% of Yahoo, 12% of Hotmail and 10% of AOL users were active the figure for Gmail was 19%.
Yesmail's research, based on analysis of more than 6 billion marketing emails sent during Q4 13, also found that Gmail's user base is growing faster than the others and accounted for 40% of all new subscribers in the last quarter of 2013.
Furthermore, Gmail boasts the lowest percentage of subscribers who have never been active (70%) and the largest percentage of users who have opted in to marketing databases in the last 12 months - a third compared to 21% or less for the other three major providers.
This, says president of Yes Lifecycle Marketing, Michael Fisher, is all despite Gmail's "sometimes controversial practices".
Check out Huffington Post's recent article on Gmail features you may not have come across before including being able to 'unsend' an email, formatting your email address for better filtering and Spring cleaning your entire inbox.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...