News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gmail boasts most engaged user base
Of the four major free email providers, Gmail has the most engaged user base, according to the findings of a Yesmail Interactive study, as well as the fast-growing user base.
A larger percentage of Gmail users were active in the past 12 months than those of the other four major free email providers. While 14% of Yahoo, 12% of Hotmail and 10% of AOL users were active the figure for Gmail was 19%.
Yesmail's research, based on analysis of more than 6 billion marketing emails sent during Q4 13, also found that Gmail's user base is growing faster than the others and accounted for 40% of all new subscribers in the last quarter of 2013.
Furthermore, Gmail boasts the lowest percentage of subscribers who have never been active (70%) and the largest percentage of users who have opted in to marketing databases in the last 12 months - a third compared to 21% or less for the other three major providers.
This, says president of Yes Lifecycle Marketing, Michael Fisher, is all despite Gmail's "sometimes controversial practices".
Check out Huffington Post's recent article on Gmail features you may not have come across before including being able to 'unsend' an email, formatting your email address for better filtering and Spring cleaning your entire inbox.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Tiggered emails key to reengaging cart abandoners
- Report: Mobile pushing more ecommerce
- How brands can use chat apps to engage
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...