News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gmail boasts most engaged user base
Of the four major free email providers, Gmail has the most engaged user base, according to the findings of a Yesmail Interactive study, as well as the fast-growing user base.
A larger percentage of Gmail users were active in the past 12 months than those of the other four major free email providers. While 14% of Yahoo, 12% of Hotmail and 10% of AOL users were active the figure for Gmail was 19%.
Yesmail's research, based on analysis of more than 6 billion marketing emails sent during Q4 13, also found that Gmail's user base is growing faster than the others and accounted for 40% of all new subscribers in the last quarter of 2013.
Furthermore, Gmail boasts the lowest percentage of subscribers who have never been active (70%) and the largest percentage of users who have opted in to marketing databases in the last 12 months - a third compared to 21% or less for the other three major providers.
This, says president of Yes Lifecycle Marketing, Michael Fisher, is all despite Gmail's "sometimes controversial practices".
Check out Huffington Post's recent article on Gmail features you may not have come across before including being able to 'unsend' an email, formatting your email address for better filtering and Spring cleaning your entire inbox.
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...