News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gigya records over 800 million social logins in 2013
Social media logins are becoming an increasingly popular way for Internet and mobile users to log in to their favorite websites as new data released by connected consumer management firm Gigya shows.
In 2013, Gigya had a boost from $25 million in funding and expansion in to new countries. But their market share is not the only thing that saw a significant increase. The latest research from Gigya reveals that logins via their Registration-as-a-Service and Social Login product rose a whopping 72% in 2013 compared to the previous year.
In 2013, Gigya processed over 800 million social logins bringing their total since 2009 to 1.5 billion.
In their Q4 2013 'Landscape of Social Login' report, Gigya found that Facebook continues to hold the majority (51%) although rival social networks Google+ (26%), Yahoo! (18%) and Twitter (4%) all made significant gains.
Those rankings differ slightly for mobile social logins. Facebook continues to lead with 66%, and Google+ is next with 20% but Twitter social logins via mobile is over twice that of its desktop at 9% ahead of Yahoo! with 4%.
In terms of regions, in North American Facebook holds 47% of logins, in Europe 57%, Central and South America 79%, Africa and the Middle East 75% and Asia and Pacific 82%.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...