News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gigya records over 800 million social logins in 2013
Social media logins are becoming an increasingly popular way for Internet and mobile users to log in to their favorite websites as new data released by connected consumer management firm Gigya shows.
In 2013, Gigya had a boost from $25 million in funding and expansion in to new countries. But their market share is not the only thing that saw a significant increase. The latest research from Gigya reveals that logins via their Registration-as-a-Service and Social Login product rose a whopping 72% in 2013 compared to the previous year.
In 2013, Gigya processed over 800 million social logins bringing their total since 2009 to 1.5 billion.
In their Q4 2013 'Landscape of Social Login' report, Gigya found that Facebook continues to hold the majority (51%) although rival social networks Google+ (26%), Yahoo! (18%) and Twitter (4%) all made significant gains.
Those rankings differ slightly for mobile social logins. Facebook continues to lead with 66%, and Google+ is next with 20% but Twitter social logins via mobile is over twice that of its desktop at 9% ahead of Yahoo! with 4%.
In terms of regions, in North American Facebook holds 47% of logins, in Europe 57%, Central and South America 79%, Africa and the Middle East 75% and Asia and Pacific 82%.
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....