News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gigya records over 800 million social logins in 2013
Social media logins are becoming an increasingly popular way for Internet and mobile users to log in to their favorite websites as new data released by connected consumer management firm Gigya shows.
In 2013, Gigya had a boost from $25 million in funding and expansion in to new countries. But their market share is not the only thing that saw a significant increase. The latest research from Gigya reveals that logins via their Registration-as-a-Service and Social Login product rose a whopping 72% in 2013 compared to the previous year.
In 2013, Gigya processed over 800 million social logins bringing their total since 2009 to 1.5 billion.
In their Q4 2013 'Landscape of Social Login' report, Gigya found that Facebook continues to hold the majority (51%) although rival social networks Google+ (26%), Yahoo! (18%) and Twitter (4%) all made significant gains.
Those rankings differ slightly for mobile social logins. Facebook continues to lead with 66%, and Google+ is next with 20% but Twitter social logins via mobile is over twice that of its desktop at 9% ahead of Yahoo! with 4%.
In terms of regions, in North American Facebook holds 47% of logins, in Europe 57%, Central and South America 79%, Africa and the Middle East 75% and Asia and Pacific 82%.
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...