News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gigya records over 800 million social logins in 2013
Social media logins are becoming an increasingly popular way for Internet and mobile users to log in to their favorite websites as new data released by connected consumer management firm Gigya shows.
In 2013, Gigya had a boost from $25 million in funding and expansion in to new countries. But their market share is not the only thing that saw a significant increase. The latest research from Gigya reveals that logins via their Registration-as-a-Service and Social Login product rose a whopping 72% in 2013 compared to the previous year.
In 2013, Gigya processed over 800 million social logins bringing their total since 2009 to 1.5 billion.
In their Q4 2013 'Landscape of Social Login' report, Gigya found that Facebook continues to hold the majority (51%) although rival social networks Google+ (26%), Yahoo! (18%) and Twitter (4%) all made significant gains.
Those rankings differ slightly for mobile social logins. Facebook continues to lead with 66%, and Google+ is next with 20% but Twitter social logins via mobile is over twice that of its desktop at 9% ahead of Yahoo! with 4%.
In terms of regions, in North American Facebook holds 47% of logins, in Europe 57%, Central and South America 79%, Africa and the Middle East 75% and Asia and Pacific 82%.
- Ad Roundup: Partner program and SMB security
- IAB report shows increasing commitment to digital video advertising
- Financial services industry reward programs falling short of consumer expectations
- Mixing work with personal life causes guilt among Generation Mobile
- Surveys point to what Mom wants
- Study: Facebook key for ecommerce
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
Featured White Papers
- 9 Ways You Can Build Effective Mobile Email Marketing Campaigns
The latest research shows that two-thirds of email opens now occur on mobile devices, but many email marketers are still...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...