News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gigya records over 800 million social logins in 2013
Social media logins are becoming an increasingly popular way for Internet and mobile users to log in to their favorite websites as new data released by connected consumer management firm Gigya shows.
In 2013, Gigya had a boost from $25 million in funding and expansion in to new countries. But their market share is not the only thing that saw a significant increase. The latest research from Gigya reveals that logins via their Registration-as-a-Service and Social Login product rose a whopping 72% in 2013 compared to the previous year.
In 2013, Gigya processed over 800 million social logins bringing their total since 2009 to 1.5 billion.
In their Q4 2013 'Landscape of Social Login' report, Gigya found that Facebook continues to hold the majority (51%) although rival social networks Google+ (26%), Yahoo! (18%) and Twitter (4%) all made significant gains.
Those rankings differ slightly for mobile social logins. Facebook continues to lead with 66%, and Google+ is next with 20% but Twitter social logins via mobile is over twice that of its desktop at 9% ahead of Yahoo! with 4%.
In terms of regions, in North American Facebook holds 47% of logins, in Europe 57%, Central and South America 79%, Africa and the Middle East 75% and Asia and Pacific 82%.
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...