News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert Commentary: What Facebook's proposed mobile ad network means for brands
There has been a lot of talk lately about a mobile ad network, powered by Facebook data that will put non-Facebook ads on consumers' mobile phones. What does such a network mean for advertisers?
One expert suggests this is not a surprising move. The grandfather of social networks - and still the largest global social network - has within its hands a wealth of rich consumer data. Data that includes likes, dislikes and even favorite brands; plus, Facebook is an increasingly mobile social network.
"Facebook recognizes that marketers are increasingly looking for opportunities to find and reach specific users through in-app mobile advertising. Mobile advertising has maintained a relatively high CPM, oftentimes performing better than traditional web display, making it arguably the most exciting advertising channel today," said Michael Della Penna, Senior Vice President of Emerging Channels, Responsys.
What does this potential move mean for mobile brands?
First it could increase the focus of many CMOs to apps and in-app advertising.
"As cookies are increasingly blocked and tech industry titans like Google, Facebook and Twitter gain access to new streams of data and help build out the in-app ad inventory, we're going to see a real explosion in the volume and quality of mobile advertising," said Della Penna. "The trick for marketers of course is to not put in-app advertising into a silo, but instead to orchestrate mobile ads with the marketing experiences that are being delivered across other channels. This is where Apple's IDFA and other unique advertising identifiers come into play because they provide marketers with the ability to identify actual individuals, which puts the directive on the marketer to serve up the most appropriate message for that person, at that moment."
Image via Shutterstock
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...