News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Case study shows personalized retargeting pushes ecommerce conversions
Wondering what will work to re-engage shopping cart abandoners? A new case study out from RTB House and QUELLE may help. Their data indicates that personalized retargeting is the key to engagement with shoppers who have begun but not completed a purchase online.
The case study is based on German-based QUELLE, a leading online retailer for household as well as personal goods and multi-media. They used RTB House to determine how best to reengage shoppers who had giving up an online purchase. Here's how the campaign worked: A customer who had visited their site but not purchased an item was shown personalized banner ads over several days following the visit. Once the shopper clicked the ad they were sent to the website.
"The high saturation of the German Web leads to difficulties in keeping users interested in products they have already seen in a particular shop. We decided to use personalized retargeting, as we wanted to fully exploit the potential of a web user who was interested in our products but gave up a purchase," said Tanja Puchler from QUELLE.
Results from the personalization case study include:
• 30m display ads featuring QUELLE's products
• 74,000 clicks
• Conversion rates between 3% and 4%, averaged to 2.5% conversion
"Right from the start, it was very important for us to effectively bounce traffic back to the website. With the highly technologically advanced solution from RTB House in place, the results were even better than we had expected," said Puchler.
RTB House has created leading models for real time bidding campaigns and have created algorithms to better personalize retargeting campaigns. The global company works across Europe, Asia and Africa.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...