News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Case study shows personalized retargeting pushes ecommerce conversions
Wondering what will work to re-engage shopping cart abandoners? A new case study out from RTB House and QUELLE may help. Their data indicates that personalized retargeting is the key to engagement with shoppers who have begun but not completed a purchase online.
The case study is based on German-based QUELLE, a leading online retailer for household as well as personal goods and multi-media. They used RTB House to determine how best to reengage shoppers who had giving up an online purchase. Here's how the campaign worked: A customer who had visited their site but not purchased an item was shown personalized banner ads over several days following the visit. Once the shopper clicked the ad they were sent to the website.
"The high saturation of the German Web leads to difficulties in keeping users interested in products they have already seen in a particular shop. We decided to use personalized retargeting, as we wanted to fully exploit the potential of a web user who was interested in our products but gave up a purchase," said Tanja Puchler from QUELLE.
Results from the personalization case study include:
• 30m display ads featuring QUELLE's products
• 74,000 clicks
• Conversion rates between 3% and 4%, averaged to 2.5% conversion
"Right from the start, it was very important for us to effectively bounce traffic back to the website. With the highly technologically advanced solution from RTB House in place, the results were even better than we had expected," said Puchler.
RTB House has created leading models for real time bidding campaigns and have created algorithms to better personalize retargeting campaigns. The global company works across Europe, Asia and Africa.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: A Marketer's Guide
This report was prepared by conducting in-depth interviews with leading vendors and industry experts....
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...