News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Case study shows personalized retargeting pushes ecommerce conversions
Wondering what will work to re-engage shopping cart abandoners? A new case study out from RTB House and QUELLE may help. Their data indicates that personalized retargeting is the key to engagement with shoppers who have begun but not completed a purchase online.
The case study is based on German-based QUELLE, a leading online retailer for household as well as personal goods and multi-media. They used RTB House to determine how best to reengage shoppers who had giving up an online purchase. Here's how the campaign worked: A customer who had visited their site but not purchased an item was shown personalized banner ads over several days following the visit. Once the shopper clicked the ad they were sent to the website.
"The high saturation of the German Web leads to difficulties in keeping users interested in products they have already seen in a particular shop. We decided to use personalized retargeting, as we wanted to fully exploit the potential of a web user who was interested in our products but gave up a purchase," said Tanja Puchler from QUELLE.
Results from the personalization case study include:
• 30m display ads featuring QUELLE's products
• 74,000 clicks
• Conversion rates between 3% and 4%, averaged to 2.5% conversion
"Right from the start, it was very important for us to effectively bounce traffic back to the website. With the highly technologically advanced solution from RTB House in place, the results were even better than we had expected," said Puchler.
RTB House has created leading models for real time bidding campaigns and have created algorithms to better personalize retargeting campaigns. The global company works across Europe, Asia and Africa.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....