News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Case study shows personalized retargeting pushes ecommerce conversions
Wondering what will work to re-engage shopping cart abandoners? A new case study out from RTB House and QUELLE may help. Their data indicates that personalized retargeting is the key to engagement with shoppers who have begun but not completed a purchase online.
The case study is based on German-based QUELLE, a leading online retailer for household as well as personal goods and multi-media. They used RTB House to determine how best to reengage shoppers who had giving up an online purchase. Here's how the campaign worked: A customer who had visited their site but not purchased an item was shown personalized banner ads over several days following the visit. Once the shopper clicked the ad they were sent to the website.
"The high saturation of the German Web leads to difficulties in keeping users interested in products they have already seen in a particular shop. We decided to use personalized retargeting, as we wanted to fully exploit the potential of a web user who was interested in our products but gave up a purchase," said Tanja Puchler from QUELLE.
Results from the personalization case study include:
• 30m display ads featuring QUELLE's products
• 74,000 clicks
• Conversion rates between 3% and 4%, averaged to 2.5% conversion
"Right from the start, it was very important for us to effectively bounce traffic back to the website. With the highly technologically advanced solution from RTB House in place, the results were even better than we had expected," said Puchler.
RTB House has created leading models for real time bidding campaigns and have created algorithms to better personalize retargeting campaigns. The global company works across Europe, Asia and Africa.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...