News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Case study shows personalized retargeting pushes ecommerce conversions
Wondering what will work to re-engage shopping cart abandoners? A new case study out from RTB House and QUELLE may help. Their data indicates that personalized retargeting is the key to engagement with shoppers who have begun but not completed a purchase online.
The case study is based on German-based QUELLE, a leading online retailer for household as well as personal goods and multi-media. They used RTB House to determine how best to reengage shoppers who had giving up an online purchase. Here's how the campaign worked: A customer who had visited their site but not purchased an item was shown personalized banner ads over several days following the visit. Once the shopper clicked the ad they were sent to the website.
"The high saturation of the German Web leads to difficulties in keeping users interested in products they have already seen in a particular shop. We decided to use personalized retargeting, as we wanted to fully exploit the potential of a web user who was interested in our products but gave up a purchase," said Tanja Puchler from QUELLE.
Results from the personalization case study include:
• 30m display ads featuring QUELLE's products
• 74,000 clicks
• Conversion rates between 3% and 4%, averaged to 2.5% conversion
"Right from the start, it was very important for us to effectively bounce traffic back to the website. With the highly technologically advanced solution from RTB House in place, the results were even better than we had expected," said Puchler.
RTB House has created leading models for real time bidding campaigns and have created algorithms to better personalize retargeting campaigns. The global company works across Europe, Asia and Africa.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...