News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: How brands can get 'political' to engage customers
With President's Day around the corner in the US, email marketing hub Campaigner is telling marketers to get political - but maybe not in the way you think. Rather than taking on Democratic or Republican leanings, their experts suggest that brands think like politicians and begin segmenting, targeting and tracking their ad campaigns like managers track political campaigns.
Campaigner recently surveyed marketers to see where they thought former Presidents might fall if they were working in today's marketplace - and out of the political limelight. Just over 20% said they thought Bill Clinton would be a 'great email marketing communicator' while nearly one-third said that John F. Kennedy might have created the 'most influential' email marketing campaign.
"It's amazing that these visionaries from centuries ago can still provide guidance and inspiration that is relevant today," said Seamas Egan, Manager of Revenue Operations at Campaigner. "Consistent and segmented messaging, optimal planning and fostering loyalty are just some of the gems these leaders have provided us throughout the years, and businesses would be wise to embrace them."
How can brands improve email campaigns? Campaigner suggests:
• Testing and re-testing and re-testing until campaigns are optimized for the biggest impact including a strategy - much like politicians - to get from campaign launch to Election Day
• Identifying and segmenting customer groups - the way politicos identify swing votes - for the greatest impact
• Inciting action in all customer communications - including social media
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Ebay, Amazon the most visible search advertisers
- Mobile users are banking on a date
- Eight in ten disappointed shoppers give retailers no chance to fix problem
- Report: BTS spending to increase
- Study: Behavioral data influencing more shoppers
- Report: Data scientists spend bulk of time cleaning up
- Retailers: 3 ways shoppers are gaming you
- Mobile Roundup: 2 solutions in the mobile space to broaden reach
Featured White Papers
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...