News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: How brands can get 'political' to engage customers
With President's Day around the corner in the US, email marketing hub Campaigner is telling marketers to get political - but maybe not in the way you think. Rather than taking on Democratic or Republican leanings, their experts suggest that brands think like politicians and begin segmenting, targeting and tracking their ad campaigns like managers track political campaigns.
Campaigner recently surveyed marketers to see where they thought former Presidents might fall if they were working in today's marketplace - and out of the political limelight. Just over 20% said they thought Bill Clinton would be a 'great email marketing communicator' while nearly one-third said that John F. Kennedy might have created the 'most influential' email marketing campaign.
"It's amazing that these visionaries from centuries ago can still provide guidance and inspiration that is relevant today," said Seamas Egan, Manager of Revenue Operations at Campaigner. "Consistent and segmented messaging, optimal planning and fostering loyalty are just some of the gems these leaders have provided us throughout the years, and businesses would be wise to embrace them."
How can brands improve email campaigns? Campaigner suggests:
• Testing and re-testing and re-testing until campaigns are optimized for the biggest impact including a strategy - much like politicians - to get from campaign launch to Election Day
• Identifying and segmenting customer groups - the way politicos identify swing votes - for the greatest impact
• Inciting action in all customer communications - including social media
Image via Shutterstock
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....