News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: How brands can get 'political' to engage customers
With President's Day around the corner in the US, email marketing hub Campaigner is telling marketers to get political - but maybe not in the way you think. Rather than taking on Democratic or Republican leanings, their experts suggest that brands think like politicians and begin segmenting, targeting and tracking their ad campaigns like managers track political campaigns.
Campaigner recently surveyed marketers to see where they thought former Presidents might fall if they were working in today's marketplace - and out of the political limelight. Just over 20% said they thought Bill Clinton would be a 'great email marketing communicator' while nearly one-third said that John F. Kennedy might have created the 'most influential' email marketing campaign.
"It's amazing that these visionaries from centuries ago can still provide guidance and inspiration that is relevant today," said Seamas Egan, Manager of Revenue Operations at Campaigner. "Consistent and segmented messaging, optimal planning and fostering loyalty are just some of the gems these leaders have provided us throughout the years, and businesses would be wise to embrace them."
How can brands improve email campaigns? Campaigner suggests:
• Testing and re-testing and re-testing until campaigns are optimized for the biggest impact including a strategy - much like politicians - to get from campaign launch to Election Day
• Identifying and segmenting customer groups - the way politicos identify swing votes - for the greatest impact
• Inciting action in all customer communications - including social media
Image via Shutterstock
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...