News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Accenture: More shoppers plan to buy in-store
Shoppers may be referring to smartphones and tablets as they shop, but according to new data out from Accenture, there is a core group of shoppers who will make more actual purchases online.
The Accenture Seamless Retail Survey finds about one-fifth (21%) of shoppers plan to make more in-store purchases this year. However that doesn't mean retailers have no room for improvement. Forty (40%) percent of respondents said retailers need to improve their in-store customer experience while only 16% said the same about the online experience.
"The survey results indicate that retailers have an opportunity to increase in-store sales but only if they make the experience worthwhile for consumers," said Chris Donnelly, global managing director of Accenture's Retail practice. "Consumers are looking for the conveniences of shopping online, such as information on product availability, to be available in-store. The lines between the different shopping channels are blurring, but the good news for traditional retailers is that the store continues to play an important role. In order to ensure that they offer shoppers a seamless retail experience, bricks and mortar/high street retailers must work hard to differentiate the shopping experience they offer compared to the online pure-plays."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 19% of shoppers are now using 'click and collect' to reserve/buy online and pick-up in-store
• 31% say being able to check in-store availability would help customer experience
• 78% have webroomed - browsing online, buying in-store, 72% have showroomed - browsing in-store, buying online
• 57% say free shipping is the most important delivery option
• 44% say free shipping orders should arrive within 5 days
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...