News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Accenture: More shoppers plan to buy in-store
Shoppers may be referring to smartphones and tablets as they shop, but according to new data out from Accenture, there is a core group of shoppers who will make more actual purchases online.
The Accenture Seamless Retail Survey finds about one-fifth (21%) of shoppers plan to make more in-store purchases this year. However that doesn't mean retailers have no room for improvement. Forty (40%) percent of respondents said retailers need to improve their in-store customer experience while only 16% said the same about the online experience.
"The survey results indicate that retailers have an opportunity to increase in-store sales but only if they make the experience worthwhile for consumers," said Chris Donnelly, global managing director of Accenture's Retail practice. "Consumers are looking for the conveniences of shopping online, such as information on product availability, to be available in-store. The lines between the different shopping channels are blurring, but the good news for traditional retailers is that the store continues to play an important role. In order to ensure that they offer shoppers a seamless retail experience, bricks and mortar/high street retailers must work hard to differentiate the shopping experience they offer compared to the online pure-plays."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 19% of shoppers are now using 'click and collect' to reserve/buy online and pick-up in-store
• 31% say being able to check in-store availability would help customer experience
• 78% have webroomed - browsing online, buying in-store, 72% have showroomed - browsing in-store, buying online
• 57% say free shipping is the most important delivery option
• 44% say free shipping orders should arrive within 5 days
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...