News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Accenture: More shoppers plan to buy in-store
Shoppers may be referring to smartphones and tablets as they shop, but according to new data out from Accenture, there is a core group of shoppers who will make more actual purchases online.
The Accenture Seamless Retail Survey finds about one-fifth (21%) of shoppers plan to make more in-store purchases this year. However that doesn't mean retailers have no room for improvement. Forty (40%) percent of respondents said retailers need to improve their in-store customer experience while only 16% said the same about the online experience.
"The survey results indicate that retailers have an opportunity to increase in-store sales but only if they make the experience worthwhile for consumers," said Chris Donnelly, global managing director of Accenture's Retail practice. "Consumers are looking for the conveniences of shopping online, such as information on product availability, to be available in-store. The lines between the different shopping channels are blurring, but the good news for traditional retailers is that the store continues to play an important role. In order to ensure that they offer shoppers a seamless retail experience, bricks and mortar/high street retailers must work hard to differentiate the shopping experience they offer compared to the online pure-plays."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 19% of shoppers are now using 'click and collect' to reserve/buy online and pick-up in-store
• 31% say being able to check in-store availability would help customer experience
• 78% have webroomed - browsing online, buying in-store, 72% have showroomed - browsing in-store, buying online
• 57% say free shipping is the most important delivery option
• 44% say free shipping orders should arrive within 5 days
Image via Shutterstock
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...