News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
83% of businesses recommend use of Twitter as marketing tool
New research from Nielsen reveals that the vast majority of small and medium sized businesses in the UK recommend the use of Twitter, saying it's a powerful business tool and a productive use of company time.
The social microblogging platform has become an everyday tool for thousands of businesses across the UK and Ireland. Its uses include marketing, sales and, increasingly, customer service. More recently, thanks to the launch of the self-service ad platform, it has become an advertising outlet.
Nielsen's survey of 100 small and medium sized businesses across the UK and Ireland found that 72% credit Twitter as playing an important role in marketing, that its use positively effects their bottom line and over half (56%) said Twitter drives traffic to their website.
Other findings from Nielsen's business survey are that more than two-thirds (69%) claim Twitter is a valuable business tool, nearly three-quarters (72%) are satisfied with their use of Twitter and 70% say its use is a productive use of company time.
According to Barry Collins, Twitter Director of SMB EMEA, writing on the Twitter blog, "Perhaps the highest endorsement of any service comes in answering the question: would you recommend it to others? On this point an overwhelming 83% of business users say they would recommend Twitter to other small to medium size enterprises (SMEs)."
Image via Shutterstock
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...