News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
83% of businesses recommend use of Twitter as marketing tool
New research from Nielsen reveals that the vast majority of small and medium sized businesses in the UK recommend the use of Twitter, saying it's a powerful business tool and a productive use of company time.
The social microblogging platform has become an everyday tool for thousands of businesses across the UK and Ireland. Its uses include marketing, sales and, increasingly, customer service. More recently, thanks to the launch of the self-service ad platform, it has become an advertising outlet.
Nielsen's survey of 100 small and medium sized businesses across the UK and Ireland found that 72% credit Twitter as playing an important role in marketing, that its use positively effects their bottom line and over half (56%) said Twitter drives traffic to their website.
Other findings from Nielsen's business survey are that more than two-thirds (69%) claim Twitter is a valuable business tool, nearly three-quarters (72%) are satisfied with their use of Twitter and 70% say its use is a productive use of company time.
According to Barry Collins, Twitter Director of SMB EMEA, writing on the Twitter blog, "Perhaps the highest endorsement of any service comes in answering the question: would you recommend it to others? On this point an overwhelming 83% of business users say they would recommend Twitter to other small to medium size enterprises (SMEs)."
Image via Shutterstock
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...