News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
42% of UK mobile searchers use click-to-call in ads
Businesses that don't include a click-to-call option in mobile search risk losing customers, according to new research from Google conducted by Ipsos.
Most UK smartphone users need to place a call to a business after searching via their mobile device - 94% according to the Google/Ipsos study. In fact, 42% of respondents to the study said they had already used the click-to-call option when available, which allows mobile users to connect directly by phone to a business.
According to Ian Carrington, director of performance solutions and innovation at Google, there is an obvious demand for the service with a whopping 40 million calls generated globally by the option each month.
And consumers do find the option important, particularly in the research phase of the purchase process. Almost half (48%) find the click-to-call option "extremely important" and 36% saying they need it when researching a product or service.
The service is a great option for those businesses who are yet to develop a mobile-optimized website but who understand that mobile users may be searching for their product or service.
The cost to advertisers of a click on the call button, even if the user doesn't hit 'send', is the same as a click through to a website. Similarly, the cost is incurred even if the telephone call does not complete, much as if a click-through went to a website that was down or hacked.
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...