News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
42% of UK mobile searchers use click-to-call in ads
Businesses that don't include a click-to-call option in mobile search risk losing customers, according to new research from Google conducted by Ipsos.
Most UK smartphone users need to place a call to a business after searching via their mobile device - 94% according to the Google/Ipsos study. In fact, 42% of respondents to the study said they had already used the click-to-call option when available, which allows mobile users to connect directly by phone to a business.
According to Ian Carrington, director of performance solutions and innovation at Google, there is an obvious demand for the service with a whopping 40 million calls generated globally by the option each month.
And consumers do find the option important, particularly in the research phase of the purchase process. Almost half (48%) find the click-to-call option "extremely important" and 36% saying they need it when researching a product or service.
The service is a great option for those businesses who are yet to develop a mobile-optimized website but who understand that mobile users may be searching for their product or service.
The cost to advertisers of a click on the call button, even if the user doesn't hit 'send', is the same as a click through to a website. Similarly, the cost is incurred even if the telephone call does not complete, much as if a click-through went to a website that was down or hacked.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...