News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
42% of UK mobile searchers use click-to-call in ads
Businesses that don't include a click-to-call option in mobile search risk losing customers, according to new research from Google conducted by Ipsos.
Most UK smartphone users need to place a call to a business after searching via their mobile device - 94% according to the Google/Ipsos study. In fact, 42% of respondents to the study said they had already used the click-to-call option when available, which allows mobile users to connect directly by phone to a business.
According to Ian Carrington, director of performance solutions and innovation at Google, there is an obvious demand for the service with a whopping 40 million calls generated globally by the option each month.
And consumers do find the option important, particularly in the research phase of the purchase process. Almost half (48%) find the click-to-call option "extremely important" and 36% saying they need it when researching a product or service.
The service is a great option for those businesses who are yet to develop a mobile-optimized website but who understand that mobile users may be searching for their product or service.
The cost to advertisers of a click on the call button, even if the user doesn't hit 'send', is the same as a click through to a website. Similarly, the cost is incurred even if the telephone call does not complete, much as if a click-through went to a website that was down or hacked.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...