News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 6 UK consumers receive no direct mobile communication from businesses
Marketers in the UK are failing to engage customers through mobile marketing, according to research from integrated mobile solutions specialist firm Oxygen8 Group, with one in six consumers in the country receiving no direct mobile communications from businesses.
Head of Product Development at Oxygen8, Maria Grant, is worried that some British businesses still do not see the value in communicating with consumers via mobile.
"The mobile phone has become the lynch pin of everyday life and the opportunity to reach and engage with customers through the medium has never been greater," says Grant in a company blog post.
Her comments come on the back of research conducted by her company that shows one in six consumers in the UK aren't getting mobile marketing messages from businesses. And yet, almost a quarter (22%) of those consumers say that they would be more likely to make a purchase from a business if they received relevant and useful communications by mobile.
"Targeting consumers through the mobile phone should form an essential part of a marketer's strategy," adds Grant. "It is worrying that some businesses still don't recognize the value in mobile marketing."
The research found that among businesses that are contacting customers via mobile, email was the most common format. Of those consumers that had received mobile marketing communications, nine emails were being received every week. The least-used format was automated messages with two being received each week.
Recent research commissioned by website design firm hibu found that very few (10%) small to medium sized businesses in the UK in the UK have a mobile-optimized website, despite the majority believing it would boost revenue.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...