News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 6 UK consumers receive no direct mobile communication from businesses
Marketers in the UK are failing to engage customers through mobile marketing, according to research from integrated mobile solutions specialist firm Oxygen8 Group, with one in six consumers in the country receiving no direct mobile communications from businesses.
Head of Product Development at Oxygen8, Maria Grant, is worried that some British businesses still do not see the value in communicating with consumers via mobile.
"The mobile phone has become the lynch pin of everyday life and the opportunity to reach and engage with customers through the medium has never been greater," says Grant in a company blog post.
Her comments come on the back of research conducted by her company that shows one in six consumers in the UK aren't getting mobile marketing messages from businesses. And yet, almost a quarter (22%) of those consumers say that they would be more likely to make a purchase from a business if they received relevant and useful communications by mobile.
"Targeting consumers through the mobile phone should form an essential part of a marketer's strategy," adds Grant. "It is worrying that some businesses still don't recognize the value in mobile marketing."
The research found that among businesses that are contacting customers via mobile, email was the most common format. Of those consumers that had received mobile marketing communications, nine emails were being received every week. The least-used format was automated messages with two being received each week.
Recent research commissioned by website design firm hibu found that very few (10%) small to medium sized businesses in the UK in the UK have a mobile-optimized website, despite the majority believing it would boost revenue.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...