News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 6 UK consumers receive no direct mobile communication from businesses
Marketers in the UK are failing to engage customers through mobile marketing, according to research from integrated mobile solutions specialist firm Oxygen8 Group, with one in six consumers in the country receiving no direct mobile communications from businesses.
Head of Product Development at Oxygen8, Maria Grant, is worried that some British businesses still do not see the value in communicating with consumers via mobile.
"The mobile phone has become the lynch pin of everyday life and the opportunity to reach and engage with customers through the medium has never been greater," says Grant in a company blog post.
Her comments come on the back of research conducted by her company that shows one in six consumers in the UK aren't getting mobile marketing messages from businesses. And yet, almost a quarter (22%) of those consumers say that they would be more likely to make a purchase from a business if they received relevant and useful communications by mobile.
"Targeting consumers through the mobile phone should form an essential part of a marketer's strategy," adds Grant. "It is worrying that some businesses still don't recognize the value in mobile marketing."
The research found that among businesses that are contacting customers via mobile, email was the most common format. Of those consumers that had received mobile marketing communications, nine emails were being received every week. The least-used format was automated messages with two being received each week.
Recent research commissioned by website design firm hibu found that very few (10%) small to medium sized businesses in the UK in the UK have a mobile-optimized website, despite the majority believing it would boost revenue.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...