News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 6 UK consumers receive no direct mobile communication from businesses
Marketers in the UK are failing to engage customers through mobile marketing, according to research from integrated mobile solutions specialist firm Oxygen8 Group, with one in six consumers in the country receiving no direct mobile communications from businesses.
Head of Product Development at Oxygen8, Maria Grant, is worried that some British businesses still do not see the value in communicating with consumers via mobile.
"The mobile phone has become the lynch pin of everyday life and the opportunity to reach and engage with customers through the medium has never been greater," says Grant in a company blog post.
Her comments come on the back of research conducted by her company that shows one in six consumers in the UK aren't getting mobile marketing messages from businesses. And yet, almost a quarter (22%) of those consumers say that they would be more likely to make a purchase from a business if they received relevant and useful communications by mobile.
"Targeting consumers through the mobile phone should form an essential part of a marketer's strategy," adds Grant. "It is worrying that some businesses still don't recognize the value in mobile marketing."
The research found that among businesses that are contacting customers via mobile, email was the most common format. Of those consumers that had received mobile marketing communications, nine emails were being received every week. The least-used format was automated messages with two being received each week.
Recent research commissioned by website design firm hibu found that very few (10%) small to medium sized businesses in the UK in the UK have a mobile-optimized website, despite the majority believing it would boost revenue.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...