News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 6 UK consumers receive no direct mobile communication from businesses
Marketers in the UK are failing to engage customers through mobile marketing, according to research from integrated mobile solutions specialist firm Oxygen8 Group, with one in six consumers in the country receiving no direct mobile communications from businesses.
Head of Product Development at Oxygen8, Maria Grant, is worried that some British businesses still do not see the value in communicating with consumers via mobile.
"The mobile phone has become the lynch pin of everyday life and the opportunity to reach and engage with customers through the medium has never been greater," says Grant in a company blog post.
Her comments come on the back of research conducted by her company that shows one in six consumers in the UK aren't getting mobile marketing messages from businesses. And yet, almost a quarter (22%) of those consumers say that they would be more likely to make a purchase from a business if they received relevant and useful communications by mobile.
"Targeting consumers through the mobile phone should form an essential part of a marketer's strategy," adds Grant. "It is worrying that some businesses still don't recognize the value in mobile marketing."
The research found that among businesses that are contacting customers via mobile, email was the most common format. Of those consumers that had received mobile marketing communications, nine emails were being received every week. The least-used format was automated messages with two being received each week.
Recent research commissioned by website design firm hibu found that very few (10%) small to medium sized businesses in the UK in the UK have a mobile-optimized website, despite the majority believing it would boost revenue.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...