News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Xero releases SMB tax tips for 2014
Christmas and New Years have passed and now businesses are focused on 2014 performance. But before leaving 2013 completely in the past, Xero offers a few tips for SMBs to ready for tax season.
Xero surveyed accounting pros at the Xerocon event recently and found that most accounting clients are using cloud-based offerings (67%). Other interesting findings include:
• 50% of respondents report their clients make mistakes because they don't have real-time insight into finances
• 30% are making or want to make deductions for vacations, 17% for family activities and even groceries
• 26% of accounting pros access client information while on vacation
• 25% access information from the beach
"It's the perfect time of year for small businesses to restructure their operations and start the New Year on solid financial footing," said Jamie Sutherland, president, Xero U.S. "Through our Xerocon and Roadshow surveys and tip jar, our accounting partners have provided us with valuable insight about financial pain points for themselves and their customers. With our array of ecosystem partners, it's Xero's goal to eliminate the pain points often found in legacy desktop platforms. The mission of our accounting professional customers has always been to empower small businesses with financial clarity, and that starts with quality cloud accounting software."
Xero's top SMB tips include spreading out tax payments, to make five and ten year goals to plan for expansions, moves and other business needs and to make appointments throughout the year with financial planners and experts so that SMBs know exactly where their business stands.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...