News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why restaurant brands need to focus on mobile
Mobile consumers are on the go - looking for local businesses and addresses. Which makes mobile a potentially profitable investment for restaurant brands, if done correctly. A new infographic sheds light on just what mobile can do for some businesses.
The new infographic, from Single Platform by Constant Contact, finds the mobile users do make up a smaller percentage of overall restaurant website visitors. But, mobile visitors remain on-menu for longer periods of time. On average tablet viewers are on-site for just over 5 minutes, desktop users for 4 minutes 56 seconds and mobile/smartphone users for 4 minutes 41 seconds.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Drink/food images increase click-thru rates between10% and 30%
• Online menus with more '$' have more views than menus with lower '$'
• Seafood and French restaurant are seeing higher numbers of visitors
• Foodies in Chicago, Charlotte, Austin, San Antonio and San Diego are most likely to visit a restaurant website
What can restaurants do to stand out from the crowd?
First, include the specials. When the menu updates with new lunch specials or other promotions, the online menus should also be updated. That way customers are on top of what is offered.
Second, include the menu on check-in social networks like Foursquare and Yelp, to make it simple for diners to find not only the location but what is on the menu.
Finally, don't forget the pictures and don't forget your amenities. Images of food increase website views. But, compared to 'average' restaurants, those including accessibility information increased views by 101%, those including reservations information increased views by 74% and those including take-out information increased views by 38%.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...