News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why restaurant brands need to focus on mobile
Mobile consumers are on the go - looking for local businesses and addresses. Which makes mobile a potentially profitable investment for restaurant brands, if done correctly. A new infographic sheds light on just what mobile can do for some businesses.
The new infographic, from Single Platform by Constant Contact, finds the mobile users do make up a smaller percentage of overall restaurant website visitors. But, mobile visitors remain on-menu for longer periods of time. On average tablet viewers are on-site for just over 5 minutes, desktop users for 4 minutes 56 seconds and mobile/smartphone users for 4 minutes 41 seconds.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Drink/food images increase click-thru rates between10% and 30%
• Online menus with more '$' have more views than menus with lower '$'
• Seafood and French restaurant are seeing higher numbers of visitors
• Foodies in Chicago, Charlotte, Austin, San Antonio and San Diego are most likely to visit a restaurant website
What can restaurants do to stand out from the crowd?
First, include the specials. When the menu updates with new lunch specials or other promotions, the online menus should also be updated. That way customers are on top of what is offered.
Second, include the menu on check-in social networks like Foursquare and Yelp, to make it simple for diners to find not only the location but what is on the menu.
Finally, don't forget the pictures and don't forget your amenities. Images of food increase website views. But, compared to 'average' restaurants, those including accessibility information increased views by 101%, those including reservations information increased views by 74% and those including take-out information increased views by 38%.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...