News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Usablenet: Experience important for tablet shoppers
It's become common knowledge that the on-site experience is highly important for online shoppers; new research out from Usablenet indicates experience is especially important for mobile shoppers - specifically those shopping via tablet.
Retailers who want to improve online revenue might want to check how their sites are performing across screens. That according to new data out from Usablenet. According to their report most tablet shoppers (77%) can change the way they think about a brand, in general, if they have an 'unsatisfying' experience on a branded website.
What makes an unsatisfying experience? Ease of check-out as well as how simple it is to find the products a shopper wants. But, Usablenet's report also shows the quality of photographs/images and overall design of a mobile site can also impact the important experience factor. Other interesting findings include:
• 72% say they primarily use tablets at home
• 66% use tablets for product research, 63% for watching videos or looking at photos
• 51% are using tablets to build shopping lists
"Our research suggested a variety of triggers, such as TV programs, adverts, social media, email, push notifications... the options are endless, but this is extremely important as it shows that consumers have a multitude of ways to continually connect with your brand, making it more important for brands to think about tablet. A casual browse on Facebook while watching TV, seeing a link to your brand, clicking on it and being directed to the desktop site could result in a potential purchase or a consumer desire to complete a specific goal, and if the experience is poor, then there is a potential lost opportunity there," writes the company.
What can make a difference for tablet users? Nearly one-third say they want an experience that is similar to desktops (29%) and that is fast and easy (18%). Nearly 20% say they want the same content but an experience optimized for touch screen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: A Marketer's Guide
This report was prepared by conducting in-depth interviews with leading vendors and industry experts....
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...