News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Usablenet: Experience important for tablet shoppers
It's become common knowledge that the on-site experience is highly important for online shoppers; new research out from Usablenet indicates experience is especially important for mobile shoppers - specifically those shopping via tablet.
Retailers who want to improve online revenue might want to check how their sites are performing across screens. That according to new data out from Usablenet. According to their report most tablet shoppers (77%) can change the way they think about a brand, in general, if they have an 'unsatisfying' experience on a branded website.
What makes an unsatisfying experience? Ease of check-out as well as how simple it is to find the products a shopper wants. But, Usablenet's report also shows the quality of photographs/images and overall design of a mobile site can also impact the important experience factor. Other interesting findings include:
• 72% say they primarily use tablets at home
• 66% use tablets for product research, 63% for watching videos or looking at photos
• 51% are using tablets to build shopping lists
"Our research suggested a variety of triggers, such as TV programs, adverts, social media, email, push notifications... the options are endless, but this is extremely important as it shows that consumers have a multitude of ways to continually connect with your brand, making it more important for brands to think about tablet. A casual browse on Facebook while watching TV, seeing a link to your brand, clicking on it and being directed to the desktop site could result in a potential purchase or a consumer desire to complete a specific goal, and if the experience is poor, then there is a potential lost opportunity there," writes the company.
What can make a difference for tablet users? Nearly one-third say they want an experience that is similar to desktops (29%) and that is fast and easy (18%). Nearly 20% say they want the same content but an experience optimized for touch screen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...